in July 2012
A month announcing the upcoming R100 with loads of crazy features and a soon price raise for C2.
If you don't have a license yet, here is the time or never to get one.
A month also seeing the birth of the new Scirra store.
And a month that saw the start of London's olympics, still Scirra is hard at work.
- Release 98 (beta) - More image editor improvements, including copy and paste.
- Release 99 (beta) - New image editor tools and improved reliability on mobile platforms.
(The features listed here are only the "highlighted" features for each release. Check each release page to see the complete changelog and comments for each version)
Be sure to keep updated to the most recent release of Construct 2
- Plugin clay.io (leaderboards and achievements) - austin - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-clayio-leaderboards-achievements_topic54357.html
- Behavior cooldown mask - rexrainbow - http://www.scirra.com/forum/behavior-cooldown_topic46185.html
- Plugin Microphone record and compress - pode - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-microphone-record-compress_topic54970.html
- The new Scirra store by Tom: An article about the new store, what items that can be found there and what items will be available in the future.
- Releasting early and often - 100 releases of Construct 2 by Ashley: An article as a look-back over Construct 2 development history (with a cool timeline graph) and a few hints on the intentions for the future. Also acts as announcement as a raise for C2's licenses price.
- Interview with Ben Chong: founder of marketJS by Tom: An interview of Ben Chong the founder of MarketJS, a service that allows to monetize HTML5 games, introducing developers and projects to publishers. "marketJS helps Construct2 developers avoid having to think about how to sell a game. That job is handed over to publishers, who have far more resources, a specialized team and statistics to back their decisions. They might publish on the App Store, or Google Play, or one of their many distribution channels that you've never even heard of. ", Ben Chong
- Favourite features competition results by Tom: An article that enumerates and links to the videos of the winners of the "Favourite features competition" .
- Construct2 on cover of IGD magazine
- New cocoonJS launcher app released with improved performances, support for true type fonts, webview and much more.
- OUYA, a new kind of video game console. Perhaps you heard about the kickstarter campaign for that new console based on android OS and "tablet-like" specs ? The conversation on this has been going on in the community and positive as well as negative opinions have been formulated on the subject.
- Facebook IOS SDK released publicly.
- New appMobi build system released
- HTML5 splits into two standards
- A dream came true, about Bret Victor on "Inventing on Principles" and the features that it could bring to development and C2
- About R100 a community discussion about the upcoming R100, Ashley is participating.
- A bit of shameless publicity : I published a tutorial named "Asteroids in less than 100 events" that shows how to make an asteroid clone in the free version of C2 with score (array/webstorage), waves, audio, pause, loader layout and other game systems/mechanics like that. Hope you'll find it worth checking out.
- What you may have missed in December 2011
- What you may have missed in January 2012
- What you may have missed in February 2012
- What you may have missed in March 2012
- What you may have missed in April 2012
- What you may have missed in May 2012
- What you may have missed in June 2012
July is gone, August is there, for some it's summer vacations, for others it's the long wait for the anticipated R100.
Anyway, the community and C2 are going well, see you next month.