in June 2012
Yet another interesting month, with nice C2 releases, cool 3rd part plugins and behaviors as well as post in general in the forums.
- Release 93 (beta) - Loader layouts and loading images from URLs
- Release 94 (beta) - Webcam access, canvas snapshots, lots of plugin & behavior additions.
- Release 95 Stable - Stable update.
- Release 96 (beta) - Import GameSalad scenes and actors, and lots of smaller additions.
- Release 97 (beta) - New image editor tools.
(The features listed here are only the "highlighted" features for each release. Check each release page to see the complete changelog and comments for each version)
Be sure to keep updated to the most recent release of Construct 2
- Behavior gravitation (for physics behavior) - rexrainbow - http://www.scirra.com/forum/behavior-gravitation-for-physics-behavior_topic53035.html
- Plugin Tiled Sprite - SirG - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-tiled-sprite_topic53015.html
- Behavior revive - rexrainbow - http://www.scirra.com/forum/behavior-revive_topic53101.html
- Behavior Runaway Sprite - rfisher - http://www.scirra.com/forum/behavior-runaway-sprite_topic53232.html
- Behavior Duration - rexrainbow - http://www.scirra.com/forum/behavior-duration_topic53395.html
- Behavior EaseTween - lunarray - http://www.scirra.com/forum/behavior-easetween_topic53288.html
- Plugin Drop Shadow Text - ramones - http://www.scirra.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=53550&PID=335534&title=suggestion-drop-shadow-behavior#335534
- Behavior Event System - 00Rez - http://www.scirra.com/forum/behavior-event-system_topic53572.html
- Why the UK government wants us to airmail 1kb text files by CD by Tom : a "rant" about taxes in the UK that would make it more profitable for Scirra to send C2's license as a CD than a mail, despite all the troubles such a form would bring.
- A new competition: favourite features by Tom: A new competition, make a video displaying your favourite feature in C2. The competition closing date is 18th July, 2012. Make videos !
- Playbook OS 2.1 a thread by Ashley with updates on the performances of C2 games on this OS. 300% improvement.
- Google IO conference, a topic about some of the announcements made during Google's IO conference
- Space Blater demo for windows a thread by Ashley, presenting the upcoming feature of an EXE exporter using Awesomium as a wrapper.
- Chrome now available for iOS with some performance results.
- Dolphin a new HTML5 browser on android with some performance results.
- What you may have missed in December 2011
- What you may have missed in January 2012
- What you may have missed in February 2012
- What you may have missed in March 2012
- What you may have missed in April 2012
- What you may have missed in May 2012
Here, this edition of the "What you may have missed" is coming to its end, I hope you enjoyed this recap.
June is gone, July is there and sunny (hopefully for all of you), summer is around the corner but the development and the community don't stop.
See you all next month !