What you may have missed in June 2014

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:35 pm

In June 2014

Image New releases
  • Release 171 Beta - New video plugin, two new form controls.
  • Release 172 Beta - Tweaks and bug fixes
  • Release 173 Stable - Stable update with lots of new features.
  • Release 174 Beta - File chooser plugin, touch gestures and more.

The features listed here are only the "highlighted" features for each release. Check each release page to see the complete changelog and comments for each version)

Be sure to keep updated to the most recent release of Construct 2

If you think you have found a bug in Construct 2 you can report it in this forum BUT
  • Make sure it is not already a reported bug by searching through the "Bugs" forum
  • Make sure it is not a bug in your events, a difference between what you have coded and what you would expect
  • Make sure you're using the very latest version of Construct 2 (beta possibly, stable if this is the very latest release available)
  • Attach a .capx of the issue in the simplest manner possible (no 100+ events capx, no 10 mb capx)
  • Make sure to read How to report bugs before posting and providing all the required informations (your configuration, the steps to use to reproduce the bug, any relevant information you can provide)

It is really important since about 50% of reports aren't bugs which takes time out of working on Construct2 directly.
Be responsible, help everybody by making sure it's not your events in cause first.

Image Third part addons

Image Blog posts
  1. Scirra
    • WebGL arrives on iOS 8 and more - Ashley provides some of the latest HTML5 news announced this week along which: WebGL support in iOS8, improvement on the web view in iOS and Android that will make a tool like phonegap relevant again for HTML5 games, a better JavaScript support making the browser on mobile devices as effective if not more effective than native applications.

Image Reminder

Image Former retrospect
As an added bonus, here is a list of the former "What you may have missed" posts for the year.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:00 am

"Behavior Radar Chart" is not a "Commercial" one, thanks.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:13 pm

Fixed, blame the guy who felt like doing 20 commercial plugins to make more bucks :D
Maybe I shouldn't list those after all.

Image Image

Image Image

B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:35 am

I have no problem with people charging for plugins if it means more people making plugins
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:19 pm

@russpuppy: In the absolute I agree. What I'm uneasy about is someone making more plugins to charge more for them.
All the features could be grouped up in a single plugin and be provided for a fix cost instead of "releasing" a plethora of plugins each providing a couple of actions.

Moreover, the phonegap features are being covered by Ashley in the official version, so soon, those external plugins will be obsolete anyway.

Image Image

Image Image

B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:33 pm

I'm a diehard capitalist and even I feel uneasy at the ridiculous level of specialization in those plugins (You have to buy push and local notifications separately? iAds and AdMob? Are you kidding?) - hopefully there's a heavily subsidized Phonegap bundle. Can you imagine if the Q3D plugin was released in a similar fashion?

Luckily the free market will dictate this one - and I look forward to Scirra's own advancements.

Also I don't think I've ever thanked you Kyatric, so cheers!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:39 pm

@Kyatric : for the next time, if there is a lot of commercial plugins that pops out, could they be in a particular subpart of the "what you have missed"? So it is easier to track them (If you think it is not worth the effort, obviously it is okay, you already take a lot of time writing these posts, which are really helpful btw)
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:10 pm

@Aphrodite, they should be in a sub-forum instead of the general forum.

Thank you @Kyatric.
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General