in March 2012
Hi, I've had some troubles with my internet connection during this month, I still tried to gather all major informations/posts I encountered.
If you consider there are topics that should be in this list post the link in this topic, I'll be happy to add them.
- "Only" 4 releases for Construct 2 :
(The features listed here are only the "highlighted" features for each release. Check each release page to see the complete changelog and comments for each version)
Be sure to keep updated to the most recent release of Construct 2
- Plugin Instance Group by rexrainbow - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-instance-group_topic49662_post312603.html
- Plugin UITemplates by Pode - http://www.scirra.com/forum/pluginuitemplates_topic49700_post312874.html
- Behavior SpriteExt by rexrainbow - http://www.scirra.com/forum/behavior-spriteext_topic49726_post313039.html
- Plugin SystemExt by rexrainbow - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-systemext_topic49728_post313041.html
- Plugin FileSaver by Pode - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-filesaver_topic49803.html
- Behavior SplinePath by Pode - http://www.scirra.com/forum/behavior-splinepath_topic49867_post313984.html
- Plugin 3D using Copperlicht by Juantar - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-3d-using-copperlicht-work-in-progress_topic49881_post314191.html
- Plugin Text plus by rexrainbow - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-text-plus_topic49965_post314722.html
- Plugin TMX importer by rexrainbow - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-tmx-importer_topic49949.html
- Plugin FileReader by Pode - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-filereader_topic50038.html
- Plugin Textbox Addon by septeven - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-textbox-addon_topic50045.html
- Plugin Load JSON by Joe7 - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-load-json_topic50331_post318209.html
- Plugin c2i - canvas/base64/screenshot to image by Joe7 - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-c2i-canvas-base64-to-image_topic50576.html
- Behavior Extract Sprite to base64 string by Pode - http://www.scirra.com/forum/behavior-extract-sprite-to-base64-string_topic50577.html
- Behavior Inject base64 string as Sprite Image by Pode - http://www.scirra.com/forum/behavior-inject-base64-string-as-sprite-image_topic50604.html
- Rotary competition winners by Tom - an article with the list of winners for the rotary competition
- IE 10, "fast" and "native" has gone to other browsers by Ashley - A test of HTML5 performances on upcoming browsers (chrome 18, FireFox12, Internet Explorer 10) and the result is that what Microsoft's marketing is promising is not delivered by IE10 but by the other browsers with incredible performances.
- Creating a memory match game - Here is a work in progress tutorial that deserves some attention. Displaying intermediate to advanced techniques it covers the full scope of creating a memory-match card game and the underlying mechanics to produce it
- HTML5 and the battle for the browser - A link to a blog article about different developpers point of view on the acceptance of HTML5 and previsions on the future.
Also there's been quite a few new tutorials. The community is sharing more and more useful informations/tips/tricks and knowledge.
There have been also a great deal of new games uploaded in the Arcade and in the Your creations forum. Take the opportunity of this topic to post about the games you may have tried this past month and enjoyed a great deal. It will bring some welcomed exposure to the games and their authors.
March madness 2012 has come and gone, we're still alive, see you next month.