in October 2012
It's time for the monthly recap of what went down on Scirra.com during the past month.
- Release 105 (beta) - iOS and Windows 8 improvements
- Release 106 (beta) - Windows 8 IAP, offline manual, redesigned export flow, and more.
- Release R107 (beta) - Automatic memory management and bug fixes.
- Release R108.2 Stable - Stable update, with minor changes over the last beta release.
(The features listed here are only the "highlighted" features for each release. Check each release page to see the complete changelog and comments for each version)
Be sure to keep updated to the most recent release of Construct 2
- If you think you have found a bug in Construct 2 you can report it in this forum BUT
- Make sure it is not already a reported bug by searching through the "Bugs" forum
- Make sure it is not a bug in your events, a difference between what you have coded and what you would expect
- Make sure you're using the very latest version of Construct 2 (beta possibly, stable if this is the very latest release available)
- Join a .capx of the issue in the simplest manner possible (no 100+ events capx, no 10 mb capx)
- Make sure to read How to report bugs before posting and providing all the required informations (your configuration, the steps to use to reproduce the bug, any relevant information you can provide)
- The new design gets applied further on the website. At first only the home page had the new design, and it was applied during September/October to more parts of the website (manual, blog, forums)
- Construct 2 is now on steam Greenlight. Vote so that C2 gets distributed on steam ! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=103246571
- Plugin Matcher - rexrainbow - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-matcher_topic57512.html
- Plugin Magicam for C2 - linkman2004 - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-magicam-for-construct-2_topic57890.html
- Plugin Chromanin - Procedural texture generation - Pode - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-chromanin-procedural-texture-generation_topic57975.html
- Plugin & behavior Nickname - rexrainbow - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-nickname-behavior-nickname_topic57943.html
- Plugin Drag 'n drop zone - Pode - http://www.scirra.com/forum/topic58578.html
- Plugin Google map - septeven - http://www.scirra.com/forum/topic58728.html
- Plugin PostMessage: messages between iframes - Pode - http://www.scirra.com/FORUM/topic58786.html
- Plugin Deflate - afgho - http://www.scirra.com/forum/topic58939.html
- Plugin DrawSprite - rfisher - http://www.scirra.com/forum/topic58959.html
- Plugin pattern Generator - rexrainbow - http://www.scirra.com/forum/topic59168.html
A list of published webGL effects is maintained in the "Plugins for Construct 2" forum, and if you have some effects of your own you want to share, please post them in that forum with a title tag [Effect].
- Make Windows 8 games with Construct 2 by Ashley: An article about the development of the Win8 features over time and how C2 is now ready to export fully integrated Win 8 applications.
- Announcing two new export platforms by Ashley: An article, announcing the support, in the next few weeks, of Construct2 export towards windows 8 phone platform as well as Firefox MarketPlace, raising to 7 the number of export formats available with C2, stressing further the fact that you can really develop your application once and deploy to various platforms thanks to C2.
- You can consult all or the newest tutorials
- You can check the top or the newest games in the arcade
- You can find even more games and other kind of projects in "Your creations" forum
- "Construct 2 General" and "How do I" are the main forums to ask and find answer to technical questions about Construct 2 (don't forget the sticky "How do I Frequently Asked Question")
- The manual gets updated with each new stable release, be sure to consult it
- A list of all published plugins and behaviors is maintained as sticky in the "Plugins for Construct 2" forum.
- A list of the published webGL effects is maintained in the "Plugins for Construct 2" forum.
- If you have some plugins, behaviors or effects of your own you want to share, please post them in the "Plugins for Construct 2" forum with a title tag (either [Plugin], [Behavior] or[Effect]).
- What you may have missed in December 2011
- What you may have missed in January 2012
- What you may have missed in February 2012
- What you may have missed in March 2012
- What you may have missed in April 2012
- What you may have missed in May 2012
- What you may have missed in June 2012
- What you may have missed in July 2012
- What you may have missed in August 2012
- What you may have missed in September 2012
Don't forget to support C2's submission on Steam's Greenlight (and spread the word).
Winter is coming and this month of October just went by bringing a lot of new content and opportunities.
See you next month !