in September 2012
It's time for the monthly recap of what went down on Scirra.com during the past month.
- Release 102 (beta) - Improved Windows 8 integration.
- Release r103.2 Stable - Stable update, and minor bug fixes over the previous beta release.
- Release 104 (beta) - Extra features for event variables, touch, and gamepad.
(The features listed here are only the "highlighted" features for each release. Check each release page to see the complete changelog and comments for each version)
Be sure to keep updated to the most recent release of Construct 2
- If you think you have found a bug in Construct 2 you can report it in this forum BUT
- Make sure it is not already a reported bug by searching through the "Bugs" forum
- Make sure it is not a bug in your events, a difference between what you have coded and what you would expect
- Make sure you're using the very latest version of Construct 2 (beta possibly, stable if this is the very latest release available)
- Join a .capx of the issue in the simplest manner possible (no 100+ events capx, no 10 mb capx)
- Make sure to read How to report bugs before posting and providing all the required informations (your configuration, the steps to use to reproduce the bug, any relevant information you can provide)
- The website was down for a couple of days, more or less depending on the countries it seems. Scirra's DNS provider went down and most members of the community couldn't access the website for a few days. Everything went back to normal, no data was lost except for some members losing their "day streak" in the process. Otherwise the datas on the website were never compromised.
- Plugin QR Code - Pode - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-qr-code-creator_topic56438.html
- Plugin Zack0Wack0's Socket.io mod - JohnnySheffield - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-zack0wack0s-socketio-mod_topic56503.html
- Plugin Container - rexrainbow - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-container-behavior-container-tag_topic56597.html
- Behavior Container tag - rexrainbow - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-container-behavior-container-tag_topic56597.html
- Plugin Qr code decoder - Pode - http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-qr-code-decoder_topic57006.html
- [Behavior Text properties (for text plugin) - rexrainbow - http://www.scirra.com/forum/behavior-text-properties-for-text-plugin_topic57265.html
- The Difficulties of Self Publicising by Tom: An article about the issue of manipulation on popular sites like reddit or hacker news and how this practice could tend to "democratize". A proposition of solution is also formulated and debated.
- The web as a platform by Ashley: In this article Ashley talks about the new iOS6 and its support of the Web audio API as well as the fact that the browser Safari now can handle games played from the web in performances close to native performances. A moving forward that allows to consider publishing to the web as a viable publishing option even for mobiles.
- You can consult all or the newest tutorials
- You can check the top or the newest games in the arcade
- You can find even more games and other kind of projects in "Your creations" forum
- "Construct 2 General" and "How do I" are the main forums to ask and find answer to technical questions about Construct 2 (don't forget the sticky "How do I Frequently Asked Question")
- The manual gets updated with each new stable release, be sure to consult it
- A list of all published plugins and behaviors is maintained as sticky in the "Plugins for Construct 2" forum.
- A list of the published webGL effects is maintained in the "Plugins for Construct 2" forum.
- If you have some plugins, behaviors or effects of your own you want to share, please post them in the "Plugins for Construct 2" forum with a title tag (either [Plugin], [Behavior] or[Effect]).
- What you may have missed in December 2011
- What you may have missed in January 2012
- What you may have missed in February 2012
- What you may have missed in March 2012
- What you may have missed in April 2012
- What you may have missed in May 2012
- What you may have missed in June 2012
- What you may have missed in July 2012
- What you may have missed in August 2012
This closes the recap for this month post "heat of the summer".
A steady flow of new releases, informations as well as documentation.
October is there, we're still here too, see you next month.