- What you want in C2 for 2015 -

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:03 pm

PixelRebirth wrote:
StormHo wrote:
PixelRebirth wrote:Can't you already do the collision thing by using a family?

No,it can't. Within same object type is much more specific than within family.

Let me clarify what I meant: if you want to test for a collision of two instances of the same object that you pick by UIDs, you can do this with a family.

Pick the first object by UID and then use the condition of the family that contains the object to pick the 2nd one. Then simply use the overlap condition "Object overlapping Family" and you're good.

So unless I'm misunderstanding what you initially asked, this does work fine.

I mean picking by comparing their expression or instance variable. Picking by UID i need to use For Each loop for huge family and this could reduce performance.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:37 pm

@megatronx
That screencap I showed you is a sub-event of a "At start of layout" event condition. So it is at the start of the layout.

Events.png

Thus my problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The moderators are corrupt and ban for no reason, especially that condescending neckbeard asshole Kyatric. The forums are filled with fanboys.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:45 pm

Just my 2 cents

I can say this much after using Construct 2 for 2 years. My first attempt was what I thought to be basic, and ended up being a performance hog. After many attempts, each game got better and better in terms of performance, and the way I handled events. I have learned that there are many ways to achieve things in any game engine, and with that said... just cause you got something to work, doesn't mean it's an efficient way of doing it in relation to your game, and the game engine.

The 3D request seems pointless. C2 is a 2D game creation tool. Period. I feel like if you want 3D, than use Unity.

I will however say that I am displeased with the 3rd party exporters / wrappers. I didn't begin to use construct for mobile development, I came because 1) I'm a visual guy, and 2) saw that it specifically states "Build Once. Publish Everywhere. True multiplatform support. Build your game in Construct 2 and publish it to all these platforms." and Win/Mac/Linux is on that list. Desktop publishing was the deal breaker, for me at least... And doing so currently, is glitchy with Node, and a process for linux and Mac. I feel the request for better desktop publishing is a much needed one. I also really like the spread sheet array idea! Lighting/Shadowing as mention earlier is basically pointless. I feel the ability to establish an actual radius of how far the light/shadow is casted is needed for them to be at all useful.

Really though, everything else is great and getting better. The only REAL issue for me, is the desktop publishing / third party BS. (that isn't Scirra's fault)
Last edited by facecjf on Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:56 pm

Nesteris wrote:@megatronx
That screencap I showed you is a sub-event of a "At start of layout" event condition. So it is at the start of the layout.

Events.png

Thus my problem.

ok, try positioning the objects "on layout loaded" , then set wait:0.1 and then fade in.

@StormHo Would be equivalent of For each loop with Stop Loop action within the event of object meeting it's condition.
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:07 pm

For me:
... 1) Instance methods or pass object instance ref into functions
... 2) Create an object instance by a string name

If using a string name to ref the object is out of the question due to obfuscation issues (as Ashley mentions in another post), then show me the object-type "sid" in the editor status bar when I click an object. Then give me an action CreateObjectBySID(someSIDNumHere). Now I can put the SIDs in my Xml files and dynamically create any/all objects I need by their SID.
B
S

Post » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:51 pm

locohost wrote:For me:

I do that using Params, and I pass object UID, then I pick object by UID within function
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:37 pm

Godot i didn't know. This program based on scripting. Scripting is a problem for me, i have to learn. Blendergameengine (basic) is simpler but phyton script is difficult? Every 3D program is based on scripting. Q3D compare with blender, do you really think q3D is better? Blender examples: yo Frankie! Super Blender Galaxy. Orbito.
@glerikud
Playable games:
http://jamesxxxyz.newgrounds.com/
Newest: Blue and red arrows
Latest update: Blue and red arrows

What you want in C3?
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=122050

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLE7Ml ... /playlists
B
S

Post » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:53 am

megatronx wrote:

I do that using Params, and I pass object UID, then I pick object by UID within function

I'm already doing this. Not the same thing. I'm looking for something better and I'm pretty sure it's never gonna happen :(
B
S

Post » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:13 am

locohost wrote:
megatronx wrote:

I'm already doing this. Not the same thing. I'm looking for something better and I'm pretty sure it's never gonna happen :(

Ok, could you explain what you meant then. Made me curious.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:18 am

JamesXXXYZ wrote:Godot i didn't know. This program based on scripting. Scripting is a problem for me, i have to learn. Blendergameengine (basic) is simpler but phyton script is difficult? Every 3D program is based on scripting. Q3D compare with blender, do you really think q3D is better? Blender examples: yo Frankie! Super Blender Galaxy. Orbito.

Eventually you can't avoid scripting with professional 3D engines. There are alternatives coming up, like Q3D, CopperCube or Spark Game Engine, but they'll all have to reach a stage where they can challange the better and currently widespread engines. I'm not saying witch one is better (Blender or Q3D), because I haven't used them for game creation yet. If you want to stick with C2, then I guess Q3D is a better bet for you. But in my opinion Unity is not that hard either, so you should check out their video tutorials here.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General