What you want in C3?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:12 am

Ashley: "As for our plans for 2015, there are a lot of good ideas in this thread (What you want in C2 for 2015) , but they're not really possible until C3, which we plan to start addressing this year."

Write your ideas here. Programmers like R0J0hound could post or/and link codes here too.

Isometric mode. Applink/Plugin/Addons for 3D programs. Exactly timing in C3. Timeline like in animation software. Pixel Collision Detection like in GameMaker...
Physikengine like in blendergameengine: Idutvuker (youtuber name[sandboxgame2D])
@R0J0hound watch this please and Pixel Perfect Collisions V4.0 (gamemaker)

When people bought C3 already they should be able to post links in this forum with out reaching 500 points!

Scirra could make a deal with @QuaziGNRLnose. When owner of c3 reach 500 points in this forum they get Q3D for free with future upgrades/updates. Q3D should reach the quality from Away3D (Apache License 2.0)
Last edited by JamesXXXYZ on Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Playable games:
http://jamesxxxyz.newgrounds.com/
Newest: Blue and red arrows
Latest update: Blue and red arrows

What you want in C3?
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=122050

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLE7Ml ... /playlists
B
S

Post » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:14 am

Construct 3 as an add-on for Unity = no more problems with exporters. Buttersmooth everything :D
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:40 am

Just some interface things that I can think of:

• New elegant interface. Cleaner, simpler, less noise. Which is basically the direction website/UI/OS design is going anyway. (Shouldn't need to have random little buttons tucked in every corner of the screen.)
  • Entire dark interface option, not just parts of the event sheets. See applications like Photoshop for how it can look good dark.
  • Better event reorganization (see here: event-ordering-bug_t100309)
  • Better event insertion. Adding new events in C2 doesn't feel natural at all: you usually end up right clicking on an event then choosing to insert above or below it, why not right click and insert an event directly where my mouse is?
  • More people involved on the project would be nice if it makes development more efficient!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:38 am

I'd like C3 to be treated as an extension of C2. Keep C2 as a tool for education and possible free (or cheap) distribution, and make C3 the advanced version with neat things like better exporting, interface improvements, modularity support, improved behaviours, better drawing tools (I know, I know, but people keep asking for this), improved collision detection, a keyframe/timeline editor, better lighting, and all those sorts of lovely things.

The idea here being that C2 files can be opened in C3 (possibly with a once-off conversion or the like), which would encourage existing users to migrate to C3 when the time is right for them, without pissing off those customers who don't want to feel left out in the cold after spending money on C2. This would also serve to not invalidate the huge load of tutorials, manual entries, and forum topics that have formed over the years, not to mention the development that has gone into the software.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:21 pm

+1 for redesigned, dark UI!
+ More templates/behaviours/plugins/capability for advanced game mechanics like terrain generation, curved objects etc.
+ More visual effects (like shadows) with better documentation
Last edited by TwinTails on Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:39 pm

Needs more cowbell.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:55 pm

Cool, I'm ultra excited about C3. But where did Ashley say this ?

@Ashley can you post a blog about your plans in 2015. Are you guys sure about C3, it's hard to start everything from zero. Will this cancel the C2 or will it be huge upgrade for C2. Is the direction still HTML5 or did you guys change your idea about it. A blog post would be awesome. .

Regards, Ethem Acar.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:59 pm

It's interesting how quickly we got from "What features would you like in the next construct?" to "Is C2 cancelled?!" ;-)

I imagine that's how stock markets work.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:09 pm

Eisenhans wrote:It's interesting how quickly we got from "What features would you like in the next construct?" to "Is C2 cancelled?!" ;-)

I imagine that's how stock markets work.

C2 canceled C1, so it's a very good question. The path of Scirra team was always, improve what we got in our hand.
If Ashley mentions C3, there must be huge plans for it, not the updates we get every time, but really a huge change. A change like that with a small team like Scirra can cancel C2 very easily. So a detailed information blog post. Is a must have for the community. We want to know the ideas of the team. Like will C3 be back compatible with C2 etc.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:25 pm

Looking at C2, there so many things that can be improved and streamlined before C3. Let's not just hype for c3 yet. The year has only started. Lets make out of c2 best that it can be, with improved and stable performance, extended behaviors and plugins and streamlined event system.
Last edited by megatronx on Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Construct 2 General