What you want in C3?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Jump on the mole rats and see how far you can go!
  • Ashley: "As for our plans for 2015, there are a lot of good ideas in this thread (What you want in C2 for 2015) , but they're not really possible until C3, which we plan to start addressing this year."

Write your ideas here. Programmers like R0J0hound could post or/and link codes here too.

Isometric mode. Applink/Plugin/Addons for 3D programs. Exactly timing in C3. Timeline like in animation software. Pixel Collision Detection like in GameMaker...

Physikengine like in blendergameengine: Idutvuker (youtuber name[sandboxgame2D])

R0J0hound watch this please and Pixel Perfect Collisions V4.0 (gamemaker)

When people bought C3 already they should be able to post links in this forum with out reaching 500 points!

Scirra could make a deal with When owner of c3 reach 500 points in this forum they get Q3D for free with future upgrades/updates. Q3D should reach the quality from Away3D (Apache License 2.0)

• Construct 3 as an add-on for Unity = no more problems with exporters. Buttersmooth everything

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Just some interface things that I can think of:

• New elegant interface. Cleaner, simpler, less noise. Which is basically the direction website/UI/OS design is going anyway. (Shouldn't need to have random little buttons tucked in every corner of the screen.)
    • Entire dark interface option, not just parts of the event sheets. See applications like Photoshop for how it can look good dark.
    • Better event reorganization (see here: )
    • Better event insertion. Adding new events in C2 doesn't feel natural at all: you usually end up right clicking on an event then choosing to insert above or below it, why not right click and insert an event directly where my mouse is?
    • More people involved on the project would be nice if it makes development more efficient!
  • I'd like C3 to be treated as an extension of C2. Keep C2 as a tool for education and possible free (or cheap) distribution, and make C3 the advanced version with neat things like better exporting, interface improvements, modularity support, improved behaviours, better drawing tools (I know, I know, but people keep asking for this), improved collision detection, a keyframe/timeline editor, better lighting, and all those sorts of lovely things.

The idea here being that C2 files can be opened in C3 (possibly with a once-off conversion or the like), which would encourage existing users to migrate to C3 when the time is right for them, without pissing off those customers who don't want to feel left out in the cold after spending money on C2. This would also serve to not invalidate the huge load of tutorials, manual entries, and forum topics that have formed over the years, not to mention the development that has gone into the software.

• +1 for redesigned, dark UI!

+ More templates/behaviours/plugins/capability for advanced game mechanics like terrain generation, curved objects etc.

+ More visual effects (like shadows) with better documentation

• Needs more cowbell.

• Cool, I'm ultra excited about C3. But where did Ashley say this ?

Ashley can you post a blog about your plans in 2015. Are you guys sure about C3, it's hard to start everything from zero. Will this cancel the C2 or will it be huge upgrade for C2. Is the direction still HTML5 or did you guys change your idea about it. A blog post would be awesome. .

Regards, Ethem Acar.

• It's interesting how quickly we got from "What features would you like in the next construct?" to "Is C2 cancelled?!"

I imagine that's how stock markets work.

• It's interesting how quickly we got from "What features would you like in the next construct?" to "Is C2 cancelled?!"

I imagine that's how stock markets work.

C2 canceled C1, so it's a very good question. The path of Scirra team was always, improve what we got in our hand.

If Ashley mentions C3, there must be huge plans for it, not the updates we get every time, but really a huge change. A change like that with a small team like Scirra can cancel C2 very easily. So a detailed information blog post. Is a must have for the community. We want to know the ideas of the team. Like will C3 be back compatible with C2 etc.

• Looking at C2, there so many things that can be improved and streamlined before C3. Let's not just hype for c3 yet. The year has only started. Lets make out of c2 best that it can be, with improved and stable performance, extended behaviors and plugins and streamlined event system.

• Looking at C2, there so many things that van be improved and streamlined before C3. Let's not just hype for c3 yet. The year has only started. Let's make out of c2 best that it can be, improve performance, behaviors and plugins.

I totally agree. C2 is still have field to improve. It's a great (and probably necessary) step from Scirra to start planning C3, but don't just hype it yet.

And for the dark UI, I'd also give a +1, but it should be avaiable in C2 too.

• i think scirra must hire more programmers for programming c3

if c3 start without a big programming team that is just another c2

and c2 projects must running in c3

and really work on export and native compiler and still have html5

and c3 must be cheaper ! developer wants to start with c3 and they shouldn't be worried about monetize and exports

so make that native (native android and native html5 and native windows and ios and...)

and more work on basics instead of special behaviors

• C2 is great as-is but here are two main things I'm missing that I'd love to see in C3: Better asset/object management and more control over project settings in general.

Better asset/object management:

I'm sure some of these have been asked for before by others but I'll mention them again just in case. On deleting objects or variables, have an option to keep the events associated with them with some kind of placeholder object. Ability to duplicate objects/sprites so we don't have to build similar objects from scratch. And PLEASE allow us to manipulate sprite atlases from within the editor; it's absolute hell to tweak sprite frames one-by-one when you have a lot of them and batch-processing external images doesn't cut it in some cases, like doing palette tweaks (AFAIK).

More control:

Allow users to set things like sprite atlas resolution themselves, control is always nice! Also, some things can only be controlled from the editor project settings right now, like point/linear sampling and WebGL on/off. It would be great if we could toggle these from the runtime to allow settings to be saved to and loaded from an external config file on runtime startup instead of needing separate builds(!) for different settings.

[quote:2mprls82]The idea here being that C2 files can be opened in C3 (possibly with a once-off conversion or the like), which would encourage existing users to migrate to C3 when the time is right for them

Oh yes.

[quote:2mprls82]I totally agree. C2 is still have field to improve. It's a great (and probably necessary) step from Scirra to start planning C3, but don't just hype it yet.

I agree too but the question is, with the way C2 works under the hood, how many new features can be included? Ashley has already mentioned that some things aren't easily doable without a major re-write, like modularity.

• Construct 3 as an add-on for Unity = no more problems with exporters. Buttersmooth everything

this would be so awesome

• Wow, interesting news and some really good ideas in this thread already!

However, for me it's impossible to list any wanted features yet. I want to know what's the deal with C3 before saying anything.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)