What you want in C3?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:28 pm

I think a unity2D plugin would be the best option. It would make exporting much less of a hassle.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:19 pm

I was/am proud to have contributed financially to the development of C2. Even though I feel the direction from C1 to C2 wasn't what I personally was hoping for, the overall product is a success and speaks volumes of Scirra.

*HOWEVER*

To be able to justify spending again on a new license for a new product I would have to see some things done differently. These are OPINIONS, and are not designated as ATTACKS on Ashley, Scirra, C2, or anyone else. These are my personal thoughts and these things impact my decision on moving forward with C3.

1) Built in language support of some kind. The Event system is a slow and tedious experience as the game gets more and more complex.

2) Exporting options really need to be addressed. This is the number one turn off for many that otherwise found C2 appealing. While the website boasts a wide range of export options -- really there only needs to be the main exporting options: Desktop(win max linux), HTML5, android, and iOS. Other technologies can be addressed later.. and honestly even linux or mac is not a huge thing (even though I would much prefer having a linux export) as long as these export options are reliable.

3) More expandable. Not sure how to summarize this one. Community development of addons and plugins but to a much greater extent. Being able to add true 3D support via a community developed addon sounds wonderful. Or a community created sprite editor? Community supported language addons/wrappers for C3? A Modular C3 would be amazing and lessen the burden on the small team -- while giving the community an opportunity to expand and customize C3 as needed.

I want to continue supporting Scirra, but if the product remains the same and is unable to really grow up in to a full pledged game creation studio, there are just far better options. Nothing personal -- I truly adore the Scirra guys, but money can be tight and there are a lot of options out there, including free.
B
S

Post » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:21 pm

Whilst it goes against the drag and drop USP, being able to type out an event, with auto-complete, would be amazing.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:19 am

No C3 yet. Fix C2 first.
No more features this year - just work on fixing bugs.

For example Audio needs some attention. Music in particular. Some times looping music will just stop playing, but this cannot be reliably produced in order to file a bug report.

The shadow feature needs work, and I'm sure others can list problems that they have encountered specifically that could do with some TLC.

And then we have the many reported exporting issues.

@Ashley should make a game - that way he can experience some of the issues that only surface in complex projects, and can't be reproduced in simple capx files. And it will also provided some valuable insight for C2 developers into how this engine can best be utilised to get the best results.

C2 is a great product with more than enough features to create great games. Why not stop adding features - and fix where broken and improve where needed - and make what is already there solid.
Last edited by michael on Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
If it can be done, someone on the web will show you how to do it!

CDASI Games Mentality Break Splat-a-bug FlapFleet Challenge
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:47 am

@Twinsonian
The lack of growth ability is why I have been overly nudging Scirra staff and other devs that C3 should be on the horizon. As it is C2 really can't meet or offer enough access for better development tools. Everytime I need a plugin because of C2 ES limits I bang my head against the wall. So I agree strongly with this sentiment

"I want to continue supporting Scirra, but if the product remains the same and is unable to really grow up in to a full pledged game creation studio, there are just far better options. Nothing personal -- I truly adore the Scirra guys, but money can be tight and there are a lot of options out there, including free."

And as for easier programming access. I already did this. I wrote a simple behavior that would load js file into the HTML dom and execute it. Works great. However it's pretty early and I suspect I won't ever flesh it out enough.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:14 am

In my opinion, why would go to C3 when C2 can improve more?

C3 can make possible if it has 3D related capacity games.

Construct is already no-coding engine, and helps in prototyping, but if something i want in C3, it is an addition for those who are more into graphics/artist people. A quick leap into making or seeing their arts into move.

- Like on the start, there is a option on what template the project will be, a genre perhaps, a fighting, hack-and-slash, platformer, shootemup, etc etc.. If you pick what template you want, the workarea will be base on that template and focusing on the functions that can be use to that template. addition to that is the other function may also be use in that template when it is needed. Just giving the user a very quick draft to what he wants base on the game genre.

sorry this may sound lazy, but it can help us(graphic artists) into game dev. also kids who want to create games very easy and quick.
just my opinion.

:D
B
S

Post » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:40 am

I would like to put using and managing sprite sheets for preview just like exported projects and better sprite sheet management here.

More info: ashley-could-you-please-confirm-this-behavior_p883775?#p883775
I got a game that you multiply, breath fire with two heads and brawl foes to oblivion with your clones: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/660664 (use Chrome on Windows for best performance)

My sites:
http://twinblazar.deviantart.com
http://twinblazar.newgrounds.com
https://twitter.com/twinblazar
http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=15072448
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:57 am

mind reading behaviour, signal sending behaviour:
what they do:
use a neural transmitter to read the players mind
every action is a specific brain impulse event
the event then sends out the signal to the device told to operate a specific action
the filter for it, filters out illegal actions(i.e, mind control of another life form, or destruction of a life form or building)
the device then obeys the command.

more features a holographic image projector
voice match, motion of body detection using camera behaviours, voice commands used for events inside a voice command behaviour.
i will personally invent and construct the console and make the interface and hire programmers to write the os for the console. not joking.
B
S

Post » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:12 pm

Falcon, what did you smoke?
Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:21 pm

@Beaverlicious: on the contrary its not I who'm was smoking but rather the person smoking who asked the question(what did you smoke?) to cover up the fact that they were in fact the ones smoking.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General