What you want in C3?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:06 pm

michael wrote:Ashley should make a game - that way he can experience some of the issues that only surface in complex projects, and can't be reproduced in simple capx files. And it will also provided some valuable insight for C2 developers into how this engine can best be utilised to get the best results.

I agree with this idea, although it may seem like a waste of time it's probably really important to do that just to see how C2 works beyond the small template/example level.

Maybe even just hire some C2 devs to work together with him on a large-ish game to speed up that process.
Construct Classic - Examples Kit Dropbox is a pile of trash and if you need my old files PM me! :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:19 pm

Jayjay wrote:
michael wrote:Ashley should make a game - that way he can experience some of the issues that only surface in complex projects, and can't be reproduced in simple capx files. And it will also provided some valuable insight for C2 developers into how this engine can best be utilised to get the best results.

I agree with this idea, although it may seem like a waste of time it's probably really important to do that just to see how C2 works beyond the small template/example level.

Maybe even just hire some C2 devs to work together with him on a large-ish game to speed up that process.

I agree. And also could try some other game making software like rmvx.
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:41 pm

Inb4 Metro UI.

Please, don't let it be a Metro UI. Please. For the love of GabeN.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:51 pm

Jayjay wrote:

I remember when I first started using C2 I thought 'Damn, it would be awesome if some people got together and did a community game with a running dev-log and open source weekly capx's'.

But yeah...who's going to organize it, how to decide on a design, a consistent coding technique, someone has to stomp bugs, decide what stays and what goes, etc, etc... :roll:
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:59 pm

Nows that this is a thing, I'm hesitating to buy a C2 lisence considering that I'm just saving enough money for it.

Any idea or guesstimation when's C3 coming out?
B

Post » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:32 pm

Mabaet wrote:Nows that this is a thing, I'm hesitating to buy a C2 lisence considering that I'm just saving enough money for it.

Any idea or guesstimation when's C3 coming out?

Within next 2 years
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:27 pm

@Mabaet
I suspect earliest testing period for hardcore SDK developers will be 8 months, and this will be just for a select few. Then 14 months for signs of a select few developers to have early access. And then apx 16 months before C3 is in open beta.

currenct C2 owners will get a great deal on getting a C3 license. As I understand C2 started at $50 for super early users, apx $90 for beta, and 130 after reaching release 1.0(r100). So i suspect a similar cost release will occur for c2 owners. Keeping in mind that C2 had only a few plugins and C3 building on top of the runtime right now. So I suspect c2 owners will get early access for about $50. Once 3 is released however any C2 license upgrades will be on parity costs to be about the same.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General