what's better: in-game purchase or new application ?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue May 20, 2014 10:30 am

I'm doing my first game with construct2 and I plan to have a free but limited version and full version to be sold for 1$ let's say.
I see two options of doing that:
a) offer a single version in google play, and inlcude the option of in-game purchase the additional features inside the game (with real money)
b) offer 2 versions in google play, the free and the $1 one.

Option b is the easier I guess, and after reading many posts and tutorials, I do not have it clear how to transact with real money inside a game.

What are your opinions ? can anyone give me some direction on how to make in-game purchase with real money ?
B

Post » Tue May 20, 2014 3:56 pm

Offer 2 different versions, it will release lite and paid version both and provide paid app link in lite version!
Every Game is a Good Game it's just few people like and few does not! Keep coding people some day you will be a "NOTCH".
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 21, 2014 11:23 am

yep, I suppose it's the simple way from a programming perspective, but conversion rate into purchases I guess will be lower. But the trade off is that I should use IAP module, pay the google dev. fee as well and export with CooconJS instead of Crosswalk, so not quite sure what way to go.
B

Post » Wed May 21, 2014 12:35 pm

That's not, what it was in my mind, i was suggesting in marketing perspective. It will help and if you are into promotion, concentrate on paid version they'll know about lite ver simultaneously.
Every Game is a Good Game it's just few people like and few does not! Keep coding people some day you will be a "NOTCH".
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:12 pm

Version 2 does seem like the wiser choice.

I have recently launched my app with Google Play, so as for option "a" I would definitely like to see someone write a tutorial on how that would be done. The only one I have come across deal with digital currency as apposed to real money.
B

Post » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:16 pm

Go with B. Offer 2 versions in google play, the free and the $1 one. You can always put some Ads into a free version.
IAP are total bullshit (personal opinion :P)
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?