What's the size (in KB/MB) of your Android/iOS game?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:39 pm

Hello guys!

What's the size of your game? I have a very simple game with simple graphics and 100+ events and the size of apk is around 3MB (Intel XDK for Android) but when I export with Crosswalk, the size is 20MB. Why? How do you fix this?
B
9
S
4
G
3
Posts: 157
Reputation: 2,300

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:05 pm

Crosswalk bundles the entire Chromium browser engine for Android 4.x compatibility, which adds about 17mb. If you target Android 5.0+ only, you can do without it, which reduces the size of the APK.
Scirra Founder
B
395
S
231
G
88
Posts: 24,367
Reputation: 193,684

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:48 pm

Ashley wrote:Crosswalk bundles the entire Chromium browser engine for Android 4.x compatibility, which adds about 17mb. If you target Android 5.0+ only, you can do without it, which reduces the size of the APK.


But my game works slow without it and I don't know what to to about it.
B
9
S
4
G
3
Posts: 157
Reputation: 2,300

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:06 pm

the magic of crosswalk :D

works on 5.0 android slow or 4.0+?
Sea Monsters template - Isometric
Also includes 40 pages PDF of optimizations and "how-to" for your games, and how the "sea monsters" template was built. Follow link for details :)

sea-monsters-templates-and-assets_t162705
B
42
S
14
G
12
Posts: 624
Reputation: 9,421

Post » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:55 am

saiyadjin wrote:the magic of crosswalk :D

works on 5.0 android slow or 4.0+?


And what's the solution? :)
B
9
S
4
G
3
Posts: 157
Reputation: 2,300

Post » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:18 am

I just know I'm gonna get shot down for this. Perhaps try Cocoon's Canvas+? I think it only adds 6MB and Canvas+ is fast. Although exporting through this option can have its trial and errors.
Risk Rocket now available on Google Play
Image
B
36
S
15
G
6
Posts: 337
Reputation: 6,300

Post » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:56 am

Usman Haq wrote:I just know I'm gonna get shot down for this. Perhaps try Cocoon's Canvas+? I think it only adds 6MB and Canvas+ is fast. Although exporting through this option can have its trial and errors.


Thanks man! I will try this! ;)
B
9
S
4
G
3
Posts: 157
Reputation: 2,300

Post » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:09 pm

My app (Square Eater):

Android (Crosswalk): 21.72 MB (ARM) and 24.42 MB (x86);
iOS: 5.1 MB
B
32
S
7
G
4
Posts: 398
Reputation: 4,591

Post » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:25 pm

@sivricmarijan what @grigrizljac said somewhere in the 20something mb range sounds about right my freefallbird (for android only... i have no ios version yet) is about 25mb. It could easily just be 5-7 mb if it wasn't for the whole crosswalk story.
Freefall Bird
B
47
S
9
G
5
Posts: 280
Reputation: 5,796

Post » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:42 pm

Does anyone know, is it possible in Google Play to have 1 .apk file (Crosswalk) for android 4 and 1 (without Crosswalk) for Android 5 and newer?
B
32
S
7
G
4
Posts: 398
Reputation: 4,591

Next

Return to Construct 2 General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests