Whats this for?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • What is ImageCache.bin? I found it in the Data Folder.

Anybody know what it is?

• I don't know, I'm sorry. But I'm curious. Looking at your posts I see that all of your questions are about Construct itself (the source), not about the usage, like most people ask for help. May I ask why you are so specific to the source? Are you compiling some special Construct version, and could that be of interest to others, too? (e.g. an OpenGL port or a no-install-version)

• Hi I've managed to compile the Construct IDE (Editor) Using Visual Studio 2010 and may one day get rid of the directX and use openGL.

I'm fairly new at C++ but am still in college taking courses.

I also do plan on making a portable edition that doesn't use the registry.

I've already managed to get it to run on Windows Vista with Areo Enabled.

So to answer your question, yes I Hope to make a new version and contribute to the Construct Development Team!

• I'd say it's a cache for images.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi I've managed to compile the Construct IDE (Editor) Using Visual Studio 2010 and may one day get rid of the directX and use openGL.

I'm fairly new at C++ but am still in college taking courses.

I also do plan on making a portable edition that doesn't use the registry.

I've already managed to get it to run on Windows Vista with Areo Enabled.

So to answer your question, yes I Hope to make a new version and contribute to the Construct Development Team!

Thank you for you quick reply. That sounds promising. I'm really looking forward to some results, specifically the OpenGL port. :)

• Hi,

I shall work on doing an opengl port first then but please remember I'm still learning C/C++ so this could take a few weeks or so. When I get the first version done I'll upload a download link here to the software as well as to the source code.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)