...what's wrong with the canvas object in this .cap?

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:14 am

http://upload.dfyb.net/uploaded/canvas_bug.cap

keep moving right, and it will stop pasting the object around x = 320.5... the canvas covers the whole stage. this problem only popped up when i added screen scrolling, but i've added scrolling to that growing vine .cap without any apparent problems. what's the deal?

edit: if i add vertical scrolling, the problem applies itself to the Y axis, too. it creates a box that is half the screen x and half the screen y, and won't work outside of that...
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:51 pm

Hmm, I had a quick look and I can't figure it out right now. Looks like paste in to canvas stops working as soon as you scroll away from (0, 0). Put it on the tracker and we'll have a look when we can.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:19 pm

Remove the effect for the object "pRed" and the .cap works.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:58 pm

[quote="rojohound":1qnpicdj]Remove the effect for the object "pRed" and the .cap works.[/quote:1qnpicdj]
well this makes it even weirder...

it does indeed fix the example .cap i provided. that effect was leftover from some testing. but if i try removing the effect in my actual project .cap file... it doesn't make any difference -- still stops. i'll try to make another example .cap, without any effects, but still with the bug.
B
S
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic