When exporting a game, several command line windows appear

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:05 pm

Problem Description
When a project is exported, several (at least 15) black windows appear (command line style) and disappear within a few seconds. While it exports fine and is playable, it is a bit awkward as I cannot use the screen as normal when this is happening as I might accidently click on one of the windows.

Steps to Reproduce Bug
    Happens each time a capx project is exported

Observed Result
Command line windows appear

Expected Result
It should silently create the CAPX file 20 seconds later without popping anything up on the screen.

Operating System and Service Pack
Windows 7 64-Bit Ultimate, latest updates
Quad Core Intel PC
3Ghz+
8GB Ram
GTX 650 graphics card
1TB Hard Drive (About 20gb free space)

Construct 2 Version ID
Tried this on version 197 (the version running on Sunday 22nd February)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:01 pm

I remember that happening when enter was pressed during exporting in the past, not sure if that was fixed but it may be related.
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:37 pm

I just tried clicking "Ok" instead of pressing Enter, seems to do the same thing. On my laptop it seems to take longer to export and opens up more of the command windows. I would guess this started happening mid 2014 but I can't be certain of the exact version number. Minify Script is ticked and I picked "HTML5 Website" as the export option.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:38 am

Closing as can't reproduce, and nobody else is reporting this, so seems to be a problem specific to your system. C2 does tell Windows to hide any windows it creates during the export process, so something on your system must be overriding this.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to Closed bugs