Where the Webstorage did go???

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:51 pm

I was away from a couple months. I came back and started an experimental project. I tried to create the first save game and there wasnt no Webstorage anymore, just Localstorage, which has no load expression to load my dictionary. I re-opened one of my old projects and there was my webstorage working just fine.

I'm confused. What did I missed?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:05 pm

Webstorage has been deprecated since r202 in April - see Release Notes for r202.

As usual, deprecated plugins can be accessed by pressing the right mouse in the 'Insert New Object' dialog window and select 'Show deprecated plugins'.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 pm

Id like to piggback this if that's okay. I was going through the "arrays for beginners" tut and got to the part about saving and loading arrays, but the tut uses webstorage. Could someone point me to a tut explaining saving and loading JSON arrays with local storage?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:27 pm

zenox98 wrote:Webstorage has been deprecated since r202 in April - see Release Notes for r202.

As usual, deprecated plugins can be accessed by pressing the right mouse in the 'Insert New Object' dialog window and select 'Show deprecated plugins'.

Omg =[

How can I load the dictionary that I previously saved as asJSON at the localStorage?

With the webstorage I was using webstorage.localstorage("key") to load my dictionaries. What's the similar way to do it with the LocalStorage object?
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?