Where to find 2D art graphic artist?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Over 1700 16x16 pixel art RPG icons for item and skills
  • Hello guys,

where can I find some good 2D graphic artist. Not for free of course. I need some nice sprites to improve my construct 2 skills as much as possible so I was thinking I could find some good 2D graphic artist, give him some money and sey I need about 30 sprites. Car, road etc. I know sites like deviantart etc by is there something better? :)

• You can go here � forums.indiegamer.com/forumdisplay.php

• pixeljoint.com

here you can find industry-level freelancers for this kind of job.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • or visit my portfolio :D mattepainting.be

• Since you are posting right here.

The answer to your question is probably.. right here.

I'm sure there are some good artists willing to take on a job right now.

You could also steal some artists from over at GMC, tell them you have a non-gamemaker game needing graphics. That'd turn some heads here xD

• You could also look at Freelancer.com, there is some really talented and cheep artists :-)

• What are your favorite games? I'd check the credits of a game with graphics I like, see who the artist is and then search for their portfolio online. You'll have a better chance on landing an artist working with an indie studio, because usually artists at larger studios are over worked and have little time as a result.

I'd stay away from sites like Freelancer.com. Artists that bid on these sites underbid one another and are desperate for money. The site itself probably takes a chunk of that money. It's not healthy.

• What are your favorite games? I'd check the credits of a game with graphics I like, see who the artist is and then search for their portfolio online. You'll have a better chance on landing an artist working with an indie studio, because usually artists at larger studios are over worked and have little time as a result.

I'd stay away from sites like Freelancer.com. Artists that bid on these sites underbid one another and are desperate for money. The site itself probably takes a chunk of that money. It's not healthy.

As long as the final result is good, I don't see a problem there.

Everybody needs to eat.

In order for an artist to become popular and charge more, he/she needs to work to build a nice portfolio.

• I don't deny that a portfolio is essential for any designer.

But I don't believe that doing every freelance job that comes towards you will let you charge people more.

Quality is always superior to quantity and Variety is vital.

Personal works are better additions to portfolios in a lot of cases.

So to add on to your comparison of food to jobs.

Eating well helps you become popular and charge more.

• Hi Guys, so can anyone share their experiences from hiring an artist from freelancer.com, indiegamer.org, etc?

Also, Freelancer lists the rates and stuff, but I'm still not clear on how long it would take to draw stuff, and thus figure out very rough total costs. Can anyone give me an idea of money spent and the actual output?

• As long as the final result is good, I don't see a problem there.

Everybody needs to eat.

In order for an artist to become popular and charge more, he/she needs to work to build a nice portfolio.

You're not really doing an artist a favor by under paying them. The real reason people go to sites like freelancer.com is to find cheap labor. Artists have to under bid one another in order to be considered for the job. As a result they have to take on more projects to make up for the money they lost under bidding. Artists are over worked, over stressed, they don't get enough sleep, and they don't have time to produce quality work. They can't spend a lot of time on your project because they can't afford to. That's what I mean by unhealthy. It's not good for anyone.

It's also untrue that artists need paid work to build a nice portfolio. We can create art without it. Nearly all artists have work in their portfolio that they weren't paid to create.

• I agree with jchamplain.I don't even have a portfolio ,Most off my work is 100% free.I only recently started to get an income from my sprites and art.But i had to create a lot off sprites&art for free before i got noticed.

• I've found some good artists on oDesk, ranging from $2/hr - $30/hr.

• You're not really doing an artist a favor by under paying them. The real reason people go to sites like freelancer.com is to find cheap labor. Artists have to under bid one another in order to be considered for the job. As a result they have to take on more projects to make up for the money they lost under bidding. Artists are over worked, over stressed, they don't get enough sleep, and they don't have time to produce quality work. They can't spend a lot of time on your project because they can't afford to. That's what I mean by unhealthy. It's not good for anyone.

It's also untrue that artists need paid work to build a nice portfolio. We can create art without it. Nearly all artists have work in their portfolio that they weren't paid to create.

jchamplain - Your argument doesn't make any sense. It's up to the artists to decide on whether or not they want to pick up jobs. If they feel they are getting underpaid then why would they be on freelancer.com or anything else to begin with?

A site like that simply gives them more options. If they're in a 3rd world country for instance, they probably don't have much choice in their local market, whereas on something like freelancer they'd have the globe within their reach. Additionally foreign currency may be worth more to them, due to exchange rates.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)