where to go to get electronics repaired in the united states

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • I need to get my emu 1820m repaired. it was expensive new, and they don't make them anymore, so it's not something I can just replace with a new one. I think the problem is simple. it has a bunch of bulging capacitors on it, and I want to get them replaced. apparently, bad capacitors is a common problem with them. I am horrible with a soldering iron, so doing it myself is not an option.

basically, are there any major outlets that do this kind of thing, or just local businesses, and how much should I expect to pay to have it done?

• 1820m, nice card! I got exactly the same one. Sorry I have no idea where you can repair it though I'd try phoning Creative/Emu up and asking if they have recommendations.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It kinda depends on where the caps are. If its like 4 caps close to the transformer, or at least close to where the power cord comes in, then its probably... you guessed it part of the power supply, and should be repairable. If its after any transistors, or ic's then... your probably boned.

It used to be you could go down to Radio Shack, and they would have some one there who could do minor repairs like that, but with the shift to cells... they may not, but give them a try first as they might at least know a someone who dabbles, since they still sell hobbyist parts.

After that there's always the yellow pages. A good rule of thumb there is if they do tubes they do what your needing.

As far as price I'd say anywhere from 5 to 50 on the caps, and 30 to 50 on the labor.

If its just a solder job.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)