Where to submit bug reports

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:23 pm

We have a message asking users do put up a .cap, as it is very important for most bugs to quickly reproduce it :).
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:42 pm

Also, the last bug report I submitted the .cap was above the size limit so I had to upload it via a third party site and just link to it. Maybe that's a good enough reason not to require the upload.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:12 pm

If Sourceforge gets overloaded with bug-reports, it might be an idea to first post the bug-finding in a bug-topic on this forum, to let the community, if possible, verify if it is a bug.
More experienced Construct users might recognize "false bug-reports" this way.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:43 pm

No, please don't make forum threads for bugs. They only need to be in one place, on the bug tracker. It wont get "overloaded" - it can handle thousands of reports just fine - and us devs regularly go through and administer things like whether it's really a bug, who it's assigned to, the open/closed status, pending queries, email updates and statistics. There are some fairly old reports on there, but with an average of 3 bugs opened a day through January, it's hard to keep on top of everything at once - and we know they're still there and marked open, so we do eventually come back and fix them.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:50 pm

..however, if you have posted a bug on the tracker which you aren't sure about 100% or want feedback from other users on, then it's fine to create a thread :).
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:19 am

[quote="Ashley":1dq0sos9]No, please don't make forum threads for bugs. They only need to be in one place, on the bug tracker. It wont get "overloaded" - it can handle thousands of reports just fine - and us devs regularly go through and administer things like whether it's really a bug, who it's assigned to, the open/closed status, pending queries, email updates and statistics. There are some fairly old reports on there, but with an average of 3 bugs opened a day through January, it's hard to keep on top of everything at once - and we know they're still there and marked open, so we do eventually come back and fix them.[/quote:1dq0sos9]

I understand Sourceforge works better with tracking bugs than a forum post.
The purpose of my proposal was only to shift workload from the developers to the community users, so that devs have less bug-checking to do and only receive more "real" bugs.

If in the future I am not sure if I have found a bug, I will post it -as with all bugs- on the tracker and on the forum. Thanks.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:08 am

I have a question about reporting bugs.
I've gotten quite a few seemingly random crashes in the past and when I run in debug mode it only says that the crash was successfully "intercepted" and that I should report it to the construct devs. I find these crashes very hard to narrow down and reproduce, so not sure how I would even go about describing them.
Is there anything we can do in cases like this? When construct intercepts a crash does it dump an error log anywhere that we could maybe upload?
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 08, 2010 9:47 pm

I'm sure it just has something to do with my machine, you can make your own .cap for my problem.

Make a new layout with just a sprite and run it. :)
B
G

Previous

Return to Construct Classic Discussion