which pen tablet ??

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:26 pm

0.0 ok i'm confused.... , first of all i want to thank all of you for replaying and sharing your experiences ^^ .

now i really don't know what to buy , i don't want to be like buddy40 sticking on intuos because i need something for autocad and autodesk in future and i saw that cintiq fit for them also intuos users says its easy to use it in need less than a month for handling it ...

also about cintiq i found something that i need to get a good pc for a good quality and if i have something weak it will be useless and become like the ipad or android.

about windows 8 or (all in one pc) i have tried to see more videos on these but i really don't know the most important thing on this graphics tablets it must be as fast as my pen so i don't want to see any spaces between them does all in one or window8 tablet has that speed?? and as @buddy40 said the pressure are really useless the differences are really low and i don't really care about them if they do the job then i don't care how many it has ^^

hmmm... if someone has windows8 tablet which support pen or (all in one pc ) can you show us the speed of the pen , i'm really intersted on anything but i want something to improve me not sticking in something for ever like i have had on the paper ^^
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:42 pm

I been using a cintiq 12wx for a year now.
The pin drawing is going to be as fast as you pc hardware allows it to be. Also, since you are really drawing with the cursor/pointer as the pin moves it. You should set the cursor/pointer speed to the max to get full use of your natural hand speed in drawing. You should also make sure that enhance pointer precision is checked. When using a cintiq, like i said above "you are really drawing with the cursor/pointer as the pin moves it". You should be looking at the cursor/pointer when drawing and not the pin tip this will save you from inaccuracies in drawing.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:09 pm

ok guys after alot of watching and reviewing and asking i come with a full answer of what i'm going to get ^^ first of all i want to thanks all of you and your great posts to help me ^^

i think ill buy the bamboo and maybe its (bamboo create)and these are the reasons :

1- its big enough to make my draw smooth
2- nice style
3- it can be a left hand tablet i forgot to say i draw with my left hand baby XD
4- has a good price ( cheap )

^^ so again thanks to everyone
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:23 pm

I know you got your pick, and i definitely think a bamboo is a good starter table.

but I'm just going to throw this hidden gem out there.
Motion LE1700 tablet pc

Got mine for around $300
the company discontinued production. so you have to get them on ebay.

Things amazing. Bartosh2013-01-30 17:25:34
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:12 pm

I have been using an Intuos 3 9x12 for a few years now and I am very happy with it. To get a more natural paper feeling I tape a sheet of printer paper to the surface of the tablet for more traction. It wears down the pen nibs slightly faster but I feel the trade-off is worth it. You may also want to try the felt nibs that provide a more traditional feel when drawing with the tablet.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:53 pm

@danny , hmm ill try it when the wacom ship to me ^^ , also i forgot to say that bamboo create has a wireless and touch like the intuos 5 touch
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:46 pm

I've used Wacom tablets for years, and they are good, but expensive and haven't evolved much over the years.

An artist (Ray Frenden) has reviewed a range of graphics tablets available, and has a couple of newer, MUCH less expensive options that are competitive with Wacom.

I'd say the best starter tablet he's reviewed seem to be the $50 Monoprice 10"x6.25" or the $90 Monoprice 12"x9"

I haven't used these yet. I can't personally vouch for them, but Ray is very hardcore about this stuff... so I trust his opinion.

This biggest issue with these over the wacom tablets is that the Monoprice pens need batteries... but you save so much $, it may be a worthwhile hassle.

B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:58 pm

Yep , The Monoprice sure shines !

Here's the link of his review !

I didn't buy it , but it seems like the tablet you should buy ...
If You are not a concept artist then you don't need a live-screen tablet
I highly recommend checking it out !

The bamboo is no match for the Monoprice ! It's way more $$ for way < quality !Whiteclaws2013-02-19 22:14:14
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:40 pm

I have been really hapy with my intuos from wacom. Try applications like the free Sculpty or the Zbrush evaluation when you are testing, then you will see the really nice points about tilt sensors, and pressure.

Zbrush sculpting is as close as I have ever come to actually felling like I am touching an object that I am working on. The next closes thing would be to actually model something in clay with my hands.

I had the Cinitique for a few weeks before it blacked out on me and I was able to return it for a refund.
I was not really impressed with the lag, Another thing is the constant need to clean the screen. No matter how much you wash your hands the human body produces oil. There is no stopping it. So If I like working without surgical gloves on, I was washing the thing off at least once a day.

One last +1 for wacom... If you ever decide to try Linux the drivers are really good.

TL;DR : 3D sculpting is a great way to judge the usefulness of certain features.

jojoe2013-02-20 21:41:12
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:39 pm

you guys should all check out monoprice.. they're re-branded UC Logic tablets and for under 100$ (for the biggest size, mine was 50$). i like the feel of it better than my 200$ bamboo create tablet - i draw with it on my lap and it always felt a little to light for my taste.

the only thing i would recommend if you go with a monoprice is to buy their other pen, the bamboo create pen has a nice slim profile (used to drawing with a pencil here) and the stock pen for the monoprice is kind of huge for my small hands. and considering you can get a 48 pack of batteries from a bargain store for 6$ (less in the states?) it's worth it, my pen hasn't run out of battery yet.

also paint tool sai, amazing program (abandonware) but still with the 58$ you'll throw down for it. there are only a few things PS does that i wish SAI could do too, but it does lineart like a boss :P
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic