which pen tablet ??

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:39 pm

you guys should all check out monoprice.. they're re-branded UC Logic tablets and for under 100$ (for the biggest size, mine was 50$). i like the feel of it better than my 200$ bamboo create tablet - i draw with it on my lap and it always felt a little to light for my taste.

the only thing i would recommend if you go with a monoprice is to buy their other pen, the bamboo create pen has a nice slim profile (used to drawing with a pencil here) and the stock pen for the monoprice is kind of huge for my small hands. and considering you can get a 48 pack of batteries from a bargain store for 6$ (less in the states?) it's worth it, my pen hasn't run out of battery yet.

also paint tool sai, amazing program (abandonware) but still with the 58$ you'll throw down for it. there are only a few things PS does that i wish SAI could do too, but it does lineart like a boss :P
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:00 am

well, I'm using bamboo and it's doing fine to me :)
IMO flashy tech and high prices are just luxuries, if you can do things well with the cheap one, why bother taking the big one?
For me, I will search for a pen tablet that easy to use, not really expensive, and can do the job fine. Bamboo is quite nice though
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:22 am

If you can find one, I highly recommend the motion computing LE1600 (or the le1700). I got my le1600 for around 200 gbp on ebay. Only 256 levels of pressure but it runs Windows 7 and photoshop, my paint, paint tool Sai. I love mine!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:30 pm

Apparently there's a graphics tablet out there with the same tech as the monoprice but even less expensive:

http://frenden.tumblr.com/post/44243131746/huion-10x6-tablet-unboxing-using-the-same
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:18 pm

after using the bamboo for 2days i feel its great and easy to use ^^ the only thing is that i don't like that the tip or nip has no place to hold and i think its easy to be lost :P
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:09 pm

I personally use a Cintiq (old large one) and it is fantastic. But it is large and expensive and immobile.

Penny-Arcade's artist just gave in impromptu review of using the new Microsoft Surface tablets, http://penny-arcade.com/2013/02/25 , and he seems to think it's pretty great, and better than a small cintiq.

I've been waiting for an affordable pressure-sensitive tablet, and I'm hoping to get my hands on one and try it out soon (not that I can afford a new gadget of any type, but fantasy and all that).
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:33 am

[QUOTE=Draspur] No personal experience but I have a friend who uses a 99 USD bamboo tablet that get's the job done fine. He uses paint tool sai
[/QUOTE] I have two wacoms, they last A LOT, great quality, I've had mine for about five or six years.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Open Topic