Which version of Visual Studio should I use?

Forum for plugin, effect and behavior programmers. Please use the Help & Support forum for help using Construct.

Post » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:05 pm

And the problem would be with unicode character support on MsWin?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:45 pm

[quote="Ashley":2dffyvb7]That line for me reads:

AngleName += "";

That's a degrees character - a small circle to denote an angular measurement.[/quote:2dffyvb7]

Yes, I can see that is a "" in the repository page: "http://construct.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/construct/IDE/Bars/Animator%20Bar.cpp?revision=1.25&view=markup"
But after I checked out it just became "?;

My question is, I can build the construct.exe, but it won't run. I can only guessed it's either because I used wrong version of prof-ui library or I has compiled resource.rc in a wrong way. But as u can see, I have no idea how to figure out.

Any suggestion?
B
G

Post » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:35 pm

Run a debug and see why it wont run?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:07 am

[quote="Ashley":1m7pk4q7]Run a debug and see why it wont run?[/quote:1m7pk4q7]

Yes! FInally it works! :)

The problem is when I building resource.rc with rc.exe, I missed to define "_AFXDLL" symbol. After I added paramer: /d "_AFXDLL", everything works fine then.

Now I'll move on to learn how to make a new plugin. Should be fun :D

Thanks guys for your help!
B
G

Post » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:11 pm

Hello Midnight and Hello Everybody
Happy New Year

Midnight wrote:
[quote="midnight":1en3p83l]This may not be a helpful answer but I use dev-C++ and it's been a blessing to me. :P[/quote:1en3p83l]

Please kindly explain how to go about using dev-C++. I will like to use it or code::blocks to complie Construct. I have both on my system, but what are the requirement for using dev-C++? Can you send me dev-C++ project file? or link to download it if possible -- Thanks.

Any help, advice, pointer given on this will be highly appreciated.

Happy New!!!

God blesses!!!

Best regards,
Sanyaade
B
G

Post » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:26 pm

I really would not recommend anyone uses Dev-C++. As far as compilers go, it's old, beta, unfinished and unmaintained, last updated in 2005. That's getting on for four years ago - I strongly recommend you keep up to date with at least regularly maintained compilers.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:00 pm

More to the point, you can't compile the IDE and runtime with Dev-C++ :P.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:51 pm

Hello All,

I have just installed Visual Studio 2008 Express on my Windows XP machine and checkout the cvs of Construct. When I compile the IDE I got the following messages:

[code:1e1qjo09]d:\workdir2\teaching\construct\january_2008\cvs_main\ide\stdafx.h(63) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'afxsock.h': No such file or directory
[/code:1e1qjo09]

Also get the following error message:

[code:1e1qjo09]iles\microsoft visual studio\vc98\mfc\include\afxwin1.inl(1014) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int[/code:1e1qjo09].

It looks like a MFC problem.

Which version of MFC should I used? Do I need Windows Platform Development Kit (PSDK)? If so which version and What are Construct Dependances?

Which one of the Construct module should I build first? The IDE, Runtime or the SDK?

Thank you everybody. I really appreciated all past feedback and advices given to me. As a beginner there is always a running around as part of learning new thing :?

God blesses!!!

Best regards,
Sanyaade
B
G

Post » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:39 pm

You can't build the IDE or Runtime without a higher edition of Visual Studio to my knowledge (because it requires MFC); you might want to check out Dreamspark:

https://www.dreamspark.com/default.aspx

To see if you can get it for free.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:46 pm

Thanks Rich!

I will see if I could get one from my workplace.

God blesses!!!

Best regards,
Sanyaade
B
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct engineering