Who is the slow trickle of C3 info helping?

From the Asset Store
Jump on the mole rats and see how far you can go!

I don't understand this strategy at all. Current C2 users are all waiting to see an actual new feature. The features listed so far are fine, but they're all things that have essentially no effect on current users. We're already working without all of these things, because we don't need them. Meanwhile, as impatient humans who like stability and to know what software we're going to be working with in the future, we're feeling disappointed and looking into other game makers.

and for any new user looking to find a new game engine to try out, they're going to be comparing features to other engines, and since hardly anything is listed, they will immediately move on (especially when they take a look at the $*#&storm that is the forums)

Ever seen an advertisement on tv? notice how long they last? there's a reason for that...

There are those infomercials that last an hour... Ever watched one? or bought the product?

If it were me. I'd drop a C3 bomb... Once and done. After that, (if it's as awesome as it should be) the community will sell it for you!

So I ask:

Who is the slow trickle of info helping?

Scirra's competitors is the only answer I can come up with...

Agreed with this, to an extent.

Sure, maybe spread some stuff out (GMS2 did!), but really it would seem to only be beneficial to release some more info all together, or at least let us know what's coming up next.

I don't understand this strategy at all.

Its called a campaign. The same strategy movie/tv/game companies use. Release multiple teaser trailers, then different cut full trailers before a the content launches. Its all about generating hype and exposure over time via press, social media etc.

> I don't understand this strategy at all.

>

Its called a campaign. The same strategy movie/tv/game companies use. Release multiple teaser trailers, then different cut full trailers before a the content launches. Its all about generating hype and exposure over time via press, social media etc.

The problem with this is there is no real hype because we don't really see anything new lol, we see C2 on a web browser & that's about it.. Oh that & a new yearly subscription model which the majority of the community dislikes.

> I don't understand this strategy at all.

>

You really think this is similar to that?

first of all, movie/tv/game companies are selling us entertainment. stuff that looks cool when you only see it in pieces. not tools that you need to know how they work to know if you even want to use them.

second of all, when movie/tv/game companies do it, does it usually result in pissing off their market to this (or any) extent?

No. because like you said "Its all about generating hype and exposure over time via press, social media etc."

What's the opposite of hype? Because that's what's being generated here...

I know what a marketing campaign is. and this isn't it.

They have a ClickTeam spy working with them, there is no other explanation.

Subscriptions? Running in a browser? No native exports? Fusion 3 just around the corner?

Well that, someone from ClickTeam has infiltrated the offices of Scirra.

They have a ClickTeam spy working with them, there is no other explanation.

Subscriptions? Running in a browser? No native exports? Fusion 3 just around the corner?

Well that, someone from ClickTeam has infiltrated the offices of Scirra.

Haha!

In that case, I rescind my former comment that this is not a marketing campaign... In fact, it's a brilliant marketing campaign! I just had it wrong who the marketing was for..

i can totally agree with this, 2 days of nothing that really matters, we want to see new features ASAP!!

Scirra needs a better marketing guy (if there is any) look how Game Maker 2 did, a lot of videos only about the new features in the firts day.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

haahahahahahahahaha! great!

Locking this thread as it's obviously run it's course.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)