Who says C2 doesn't support skewing sprites?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:13 pm

@Ashley - While having it skew the collision mask would be nice as an option, I don't think it's necessary - besides, I can imagine many situations where I wouldn't want it to do so, as it could use CPU time better suited elsewhere, since some of the collision polygons could become quite complicated to generate and as such possibly hit performance for a collision mask the developer might not even want to use (I suppose, come to think of it, if it was something like the collision polys were only built if a collision check was done on the object, that would be cool). As I recall, CC didn't have correct collisions on distorted sprites either, but it was still a great feature regardless.

Or another thought - what if it just used the polygons already generated by the distortion grid itself? It would be less accurate, but quicker to generate - although that could result in quite a lot of polygons to check for collisions with.Arima2013-03-24 17:14:59
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:00 pm

Well, neither skew nor distortion grids can really work in the canvas2D renderer. I'm already a little surprised to see how little WebGL shaders seem to be used, even when there are good fallback options, which seems to be mainly because they aren't supported everywhere yet. So I'm hesitant to add complicated new features which won't run everywhere.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:41 pm

[QUOTE=Joannesalfa] @chrisbrobs @sqiddster Good one! does mode7 effect apply horizontal skew and perspective?[/QUOTE]

You need to check with Rojohound with regards to skew...etc

Still trying to work out what the plugs parameters actually do.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:59 pm

Ashley wrote:Well, neither skew nor distortion grids can really work in the canvas2D renderer. I'm already a little surprised to see how little WebGL shaders seem to be used, even when there are good fallback options, which seems to be mainly because they aren't supported everywhere yet. So I'm hesitant to add complicated new features which won't run everywhere.

Maybe now that IOS 8 will support it?

I've been searching for a "simple" skew for the past 4 days and not really any good solutions. Could we start with that? it would enable a lot of pseudo 3d tricks, like card flip, or perspective. And ultimately tricks like this:
http://animateyourhtml5.appspot.com/pres/#9
B
S

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General