Who wanna review my homework? (hashtable)

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:33 am

Hey this should be fun, :)

I found that awesome .cap file made by PixelRebirth about creating a scrollable menu to cast spells like a classic RPG game.

I studied that beast for days and nights trying to figure all that jazz and create my own and use it for other stuff because I think it's quite a key pillar for my game.

So in a final effort I tried to comment every events he created, explaining to a non programmer how I think it's actually working out, basically talking to myself.

So who's willing to take a look at the comments, and tell me if I get it a bit?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38319441/Spelly_commented.rar

Maybe it can improve the .cap file to the rank of tutorial for others...

Well, thanks and good night now!Gropwel2011-09-07 05:33:36
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:58 am

Checked and corrected.

You messed up on the comprehension of the hashtable object, hope the capx helps you out.

AS for a tutorial, PM PixelRebirth and offer him the commented version to see if he wants to upload it.
This is still is work in the first place.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:10 am

hmmm that's really cool. never thought you'd need one hash table per group, I though just one could include all this.

From what I tried, the mysterious panel size parameters seems to control a vertical scaling factor and some extra space at the bottom.

Best hash table tutorial ever now! never thought I would embark myself on something so complicated by basing my game on menus... I thought quite the opposite in deed...

Yes of course it's PixelRebirth's call to do whatever he judges best with it.

thanks a lot kyatric, you just pwn.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:59 am

Okay you guys, what made you think it was okay to mess with my precious cap files?

Joking aside, I don't think this needs to be turned into a true tutorial. It's fine how it is and will be found by interested parties making a little effort digging through the forums. Gropwel proved it.
B
S
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic