Who wants CocoonJS support back?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:37 am

Vuuv wrote:
robotecollective wrote:Everyone here knows CocoonJS has it's flaws, but until PhoneGap is running 60fps with full Game Center support and all the Apple users have switched to iOS8, I have NO other option as an iOS-dev.

Also this is business, so I do not take things personally. That means I do not care about the reasons behind this newfound interest in C2. As long as things work, I am content and keep using their service.

What is your solution to the 15MB app size limitation?

I couls be wrong, but I am pretty sure this limitation only applies to the phonegap build service, and so building locally would not have this issue. (Also another issue people had in the past, building in the cloud only for cocoonJS, not sure if that changed)
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:56 am

@ArcadEd, @Vuuv,

We are working on the pricing models in which it will be included the one to remove the Splash. Meanwhile, if you still want to remove Ludei's Splash, you can send an email to: sales[at]ludei.com and they will help you :).
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:54 am

@ludei

From my point of view the plugin is missing following plugin options.
-Post/invite from Facebook / Twitter
-Game Center / Google Play Games Service
-Local notifications
-Analytics
Until those are included CJS doesn’t have all the things it needs from construct2 developers. Yes, the plugin is opensource. Yes, somebody else could do it… but fully supporting means you should do it for C2 users.
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:06 pm

I'm for XDK and Crosswalk all the way. Would have liked to have smaller file sizes, but we can't have it all. My projects didn't run well under cocoonJS at all. Went over to crosswalk and although not quite there yet it works a lot better for me. and now we got ads an IAP.
B
S

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:33 am

I posted new documentation for an alternative way to publish on the OUYA.
https://github.com/ouya/docs/blob/master/construct_2.md

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXf0Gp_i9ew

You drop an OuyaSDK object on to your layout. Make sure you used Gamepad.GetRawAxis. You can use Google Canary debug remotely from your desktop while it runs remotely on the OUYA.
B

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:43 am

@tgraupmann was there a problem with CJS? I just compiled a game last week for ouya and it got accepted on the first try.

Ohh, I watched your video. It adds iap and other fun stuff not currently part of CJS. Nice!!!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:17 am

I've added the IAP support in JavaScript. Now I just have to connect it into the Construct 2 plugin. Otherwise you could make it work using AJAX calls...
B

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General