Who's knocking the door?

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:13 pm

Hello,

This is my very first game based on the Memory game tutorial. We plan to target 2-8 years old children in combination with story books, games, colorings. We plan to publish in web and Android.

Who's knocking the door - Memory game

Thanks in advance for all Your feedback and ideas!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:05 am

Excellent, for your audience you have done a really nice job - the artwork is fantastic.

You might want to consider changing your music to something that children might identify with a bit more. Something simple - maybe even something they can sing along with.

The only other suggestion is to add the sounds of the animals when you open their door.

Really good job, I hope you do well.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:32 am

Thank You for Your kind feedback @GenkiGenga! You are right about the bg music, we will look for something non so banal, but famous enough to let children sing.

The custom match sound are in my TODO list already, but I've increased the priority, cause this may give a little more interest for children.

I have also a bug in my list... there is a random like, but really not random bug when after a match one of the doors do not destroy.

It's wonderful to get feedback and ideas from people who's doing this business much longer, and have much more xp. in it. C2 community is the king. :)

B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:03 am

@Expox. Nice work. Very simple but the graphics are colourful enough to keep a young audience entertained for some time.

simwhi2012-04-25 08:03:55
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:17 am

Thnaks @simwhi! I'm a real beginner in game dev, so the target must be reasonable... :) Make it simple, and easy to use even by yound children.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:57 am

@Epox. I had a good look at your website. I wish you all the best in writing more games in the future. I am an educator and game developer too, so I am very interested in what other developers are doing in this area.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:46 am

@simwhi Thanks, I'll do my best to keep the quality in game dev with my wife's illustration artwork this whole project is based on.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:50 am

Excellent work! I've been working on a concentration/card-matching game as well. Nice to see others doing likewise.

As the saying goes, great minds do think like me! ;)Ugotsta2012-04-26 08:50:48
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:39 pm

@Ugotsta thank You for yout very kind words! :)

I have done 99% of the debuging process, now we will work on the design and small things, like a little helper character who says to click on a level, and after a highscore will show that this is recorded in the Menu screen.

Thinking about little animations, a better BG music - what @GenkiGenga recommended - and several sfx (for a washing machine, and for the card figures if matched).

So I can not imagine a final publish date yet... :)

Do You have any experience if it is good to publish an initial version and after 1-2weeks publish an update? I think this update can not delete highscores, what are stored in cookies. Thinking about Android start too, I read that here in Android Market it may be a good practice to update in every 3-4 weeks to get more attention.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:48 pm

I'm not sure about the Android market myself but in general, it's good practice to make constant updates to show you're active as the developer. It's one of the great reasons so many of us use Construct, because it's actively maintained.

As for the high scores, if you're using the web local storage to store the scores, they will be maintained in the browser for as long as the user doesn't delete them. You'll just need to use the same string to access them.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Completed Creations