whts the best ad system to use?

Ideas and discussion about publishing and distributing your games

Post » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:27 pm

@volcank Thanks a lot, very helpful.
B
S

Post » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:35 pm

@fridayjams no problem. Happy that I can be helpful If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask ;) Happy Revenues :)
B
S

Post » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:19 am

@fridayjams By the way I just found out that banner ads during gameplay are performance killers especially for Android Tablets so try to use fullscreen ads or appwalls in leadbolt ;)
B
S

Post » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:35 am

@Darth Crusher Hi! What are your experiences with Leadbolt?? Are the revenues good enough? I switched to Revmob and Chartboost combined but don'T seem to be working really well with Android where as with IOS I have only Revmob right now with one of my games approved, Revmob seems to be working good.
B
S

Post » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:17 pm

Ok
1st) If its a free game no developer should have shame with putting ADs in their games. We work hard and deserve a little revenue for our work in making free entertianment for people. If your a developer never let anyone shame you into thinking you shouldn't put ADs.

2nd) I used to use leadbolt they start off great and then slow down after 4-6 months. I guess that's how they hook you. Implementing was easy but thats because I coded in straight HTML + javascript. My games were too simple and that's why I am here to use a more robust toolset.

3rd) There are other AD networks like Notifymob and Airpush that pay more. With Notifymob they will put the ADs in the game for you. With Airpush they will make a plugin for you but you need some coding experience.

Finally do not listen to people who complain about ADs. There was a recent war on that very subject online it was on facebook and another android forum. Developers stuck together and finally quieted anyone who complained about ADs. I wish all you success and I will post more marketing tips and ways to promote your android apps. I have a large android forum where you can post your game or apps for more exposure too.

http:// androidfreegamesapps.forumotion.com/

I can't post links so just combine the http with the other part. Any questions you have feel free to ask.
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:07 am

@PixelPower Thanks a lot for the help sorry for the late reply. I have been busy for a while and that's why I missed your reply in this thread. I will definetly check the forum you mentioned.
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:20 pm

hundredfold wrote:Hi @Neller. No offense, but personally I find ads quite annoying when they interrupt game play so end up harming the game experience. I would rather pay for access to higher levels. Someone was talking yesterday about maybe putting a forum discussion together focused on sharing best practice regarding income generation.

I also like the idea of having an in app purchase to unlock a game. Unfortunately in several countries, including South Africa where I am from, we are not allowed to sell on Google play. Ads are our only way to monetize at this stage. I do feel you can make money with ads, if you do it properly and not intrude on game play.
B
S

Previous

Return to Distribution and Publishing