Why C2 sometimes behaves weird during collisions?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu May 14, 2015 11:38 am

I have an actor that walks and changes it's direction on collision with a wall. Well, it works as expected, but sometimes actor might stuck in a wall, or move out of playfield. It's happening actually really randomly (after 10 - 1000+ collisions). I don't change the speed (which is slow ~30 units), just reversing of the direction. The risk of missing collisions increases when the computer is recovering after sleep mode or during resizing a window.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
B
S

Post » Thu May 14, 2015 11:47 am

Without a .capx, it is nearly impossible to determine.

Have you followed the recommended way for sprite movement and collisions, whereby you would use a dummy sprite with the platform behaviour and perform collision testing on that. The animations are attached to the invisible sprite.

If not, then when a character animates, it can easily animate into an object, which can exhibit strange issues.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 14, 2015 12:00 pm

I upload my coloring book on arcade and simple sprites arent displayed on layout, this is weird
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 14, 2015 12:28 pm

Have you followed the recommended way for sprite movement and collisions, whereby you would use a dummy sprite with the platform behaviour and perform collision testing on that. The animations are attached to the invisible sprite.

No, I haven't, but will try. Thanks.
Hm.. my sprites don't change collision shape in animations. Ok, anyway I gonna try to spot the problem in simple test capx first.
B
S

Return to Construct 2 General