Why Cocoon admob plugin couses black screen.?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Adjusting the game screen for different resolutions (Letterbox scale)
  • Hey, I have a problem with the admob plugin (cocoon admob plugin), when I want add this plugin every thing is ok, when the apk finish I try the game in the tablet or phones it does now work at all only shows black screen, when I remove the admob cocoon plugin, the game works perfect with out the cocoon admob plugin, but i can not remove it becouse I want the ads shows up into the users, so please can someone advise me with another way to show the ads and fix this problem.?

• Hi,

it's because you must add the plugin also at your cocoon project.

Just go to cocoon -> Your project -> Settings -> Plugins - >Cocoon -> Type "Admob" and install the admob plugin for android and / or ios.

You find a guide here

https://shatter-box.com/knowledgebase/cocoonio/

Regards

• Hey, thanks sir for you answer.

I already added the plugin, I mean when i create the apk file and fun it on the phone it shows black screen, it means the game can not load and run , there is problem, but when I remove the admob plugin, then create the apk file, the game works fine and smooth.

Please see this picture.

https://gulfsup.com/24df98x.png

as you can see the admob plugin already added, later when i run the game, it shows black screen.

• Hi,

it's because you must add the plugin also at your cocoon project.

Just go to cocoon -> Your project -> Settings -> Plugins - >Cocoon -> Type "Admob" and install the admob plugin for android and / or ios.

You find a guide here

https://shatter-box.com/knowledgebase/cocoonio/

Regards

If you mean the cocoon project inside the construct 2, do not worry already installed it on it, see this photo as appear to you.

https://gulfsup.com/90c1f8x.png

• Hi,

no I mean the plugin at cocoon.

The one shown in the first picture.

Try to remove the Crosswalk engine. You must always delete the config.xml file before you zip your c2 export.

That's why the crosswalk plugin is installed at all.

I recommend you to make a fresh project at cocoon, export your game from c2, delete the config.xml file, zip it and upload it as new project.

Then add all needed plugins and try again.

Regards

Andy

• Hi,

no I mean the plugin at cocoon.

The one shown in the first picture.

Try to remove the Crosswalk engine. You must always delete the config.xml file before you zip your c2 export.

That's why the crosswalk plugin is installed at all.

I recommend you to make a fresh project at cocoon, export your game from c2, delete the config.xml file, zip it and upload it as new project.

Then add all needed plugins and try again.

Regards

Andy

Thank you sir for your replying, but as you said, it does not work at all, I just did what you said and there is no benefits, any idea for that issue cocoon admob plugin.?

• Please anyone can help me here.? I just want ads shows inside the game, admob cocoon plugin does not work, it shows black screen, and coedeva plugins also not working with coocon, the ads not shown at all, the game works good with admob coedeva plugin but the ads did not show.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Please anyone can help me here.? I just want ads shows inside the game, admob cocoon plugin does not work, it shows black screen, and coedeva plugins also not working with coocon, the ads not shown at all, the game works good with admob coedeva plugin but the ads did not show.

I'm not sure why it doesn't work on your end.

For me it's working well.

So it must be a misconfiguration or a missing plugin. However if you have installed the plugins, it should work.

• > Please anyone can help me here.? I just want ads shows inside the game, admob cocoon plugin does not work, it shows black screen, and coedeva plugins also not working with coocon, the ads not shown at all, the game works good with admob coedeva plugin but the ads did not show.

>

I'm not sure why it doesn't work on your end.

For me it's working well.

So it must be a misconfiguration or a missing plugin. However if you have installed the plugins, it should work.

Can you show me a picture of the admob plugin that you used inside the cocoon, also inside the construct 2, I am using the original one in construct 2 which is cordeva

• >

> > Please anyone can help me here.? I just want ads shows inside the game, admob cocoon plugin does not work, it shows black screen, and coedeva plugins also not working with coocon, the ads not shown at all, the game works good with admob coedeva plugin but the ads did not show.

> >

>

> I'm not sure why it doesn't work on your end.

> For me it's working well.

> So it must be a misconfiguration or a missing plugin. However if you have installed the plugins, it should work.

>

Can you show me a picture of the admob plugin that you used inside the cocoon, also inside the construct 2, I am using the original one in construct 2 which is cordeva

I'm using the "CocoonAds" plugin in C2 and the "Native Admob ads for Android / iOS" at cocoon.

And that's working fine for me in all my games.

I'm currently on my mobile device, so I cannot post a screenshot of c2.

Regards

Andy

• If you have installed the Cocoon Ads plugin in the Cocoon panel and removed the config.xml before zipping and still have the black screen then I'm guessing you minify your project when exporting? You cannot minify the code when using official Cocoon plugins.

If code minification is crucial for you then you may want to use my Cocoon Ads Extra plugin. It's a paid plugin yet it's based on the same Cocoon library and allows minification, has built-in test mode, fixed the issue with JS error in preview and is compatible with C3.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)