Why do C2 fonts always mess up on different systems?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 am

I actually figured this out for my last game, but that was eight months ago and now I have completely forgot.

How come, when I play my game on Windows the font is placed one way, then when I play it on Mac, the font is placed in a slightly different location, in this case it is slightly higher. I'm using a custom font, but it is installed on both machines so I can't see that being the problem.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Any help is appreciated.
B
S

Post » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:44 am

Fonts mess on different systems, because different browsers and operating systems do things differently. This is a web wide issue. At least that's what I gather from an Internet search.

You could create a bug report for it. Maybe it can be corrected?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:43 am

If you are talking about webfonts, that is due to the fact that each browser has a different rendering system and handling of fonts.
Only way to fix it would be for browser vendors to standardize the way they render fonts. We're not there yet.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:58 am

A few of the fonts will look the same on any browser and system and Bookman old style is one of them. I use that for texts holding numbers so they stay put.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:11 am

Will using a spritefont fix the issue?

I think that's what I did on my last game to fix it, but don't want to waste time making one if that's not the problem.

Thanks
B
S

Post » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:29 am

elliottmarcjones wrote:Will using a spritefont fix the issue?

I think that's what I did on my last game to fix it, but don't want to waste time making one if that's not the problem.

Thanks

Spritefonts are a sprite s they are consistent across all platforms.
Banned User
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?