Why do people hate Nintendo?

0 favourites
  • Nintendo is arguably the most influential video game company ever, so what with all the hate? I understand the Wii U is not selling like hotcakes (which caused every other video game company to turn against Nintendo), but the company has such a legacy.

• It may have something to do with Nintendo wanting a cut from youtubers that make "lets plays" of their games (if that is still applicable).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Maybe ask the people who said they hate Nintendo. I wasn't aware anyone on this forum did.

• Who hates nintendo? they're generally the least hated out of all the major players because they have a focus on quality and tend to not ship garbage. Wii U gets a lot of flak for lacking third party games, but really it's a moot point since the games you'd want a Wii U for are all very polished and fun. It's not a "fifa and cod" console so it doesn't sell to the lowest common denominator of gamers, which is a big part of why it has lower sales. Sales don't really reflect quality though... Candy Crush makes more money than nintendo as a whole annually, i wouldn't say Candy Crush is a better product than all nintendo content combined because of it though.

• Agree with everyone. I had no idea people hated Nintendo, I mean every game consoles will have it's haters, but I would think that Nintendo would probably rank in the lowest.

• i love nintendo. also read that 3ds outsold ps4 and xbox ones!

• Considering games100 just dropped this - quite nonsensical - post and left, I'm tempted to believe it's borderline trolling.

Hopefully he'll respond soon and clarify.

• I wouldn't say people *HATE* Nintendo, but they have become very out of touch with their own IP's over the years and their games aren't that good anymore. But I mean...people need to realize that the Nintendo of the 90's and the Nintendo now is literally a different company / different staff, so, whatever. It's not like there aren't a million nintendo fangames out there anyway.

• I love Nintendo. Love the first party games. Dislike the lack of third party support.

• "I Hate Nintendo"

i cant wait to play that game and i am still waiting for someone to throw away there 3ds give me so i can play Pokemon 3D.

give me the link to play i hate nintendo...

• When I see the logo of C2 on Nintendo dev website, I can't hate them ^^

• Considering games100 just dropped this - quite nonsensical - post and left, I'm tempted to believe it's borderline trolling.

Trolling? Come on, guys! I love Nintendo, too. They mean everything to me. I'm just saying that people hating Nintendo make me sad. By the way, I heard users of websites like NeoGAF like to bully Nintendo fans.

• Why there peoples hate Nintendo??

My video gaming age starts with Nintendo games and consoles, until now..

• 3DS, I have forgotten about that console, as a matter of fact I have it!!! And only two games I ever played on that thing. Anyways I wasnt aware Nintendo had haters, in fact i think every person that ever used the console loves it

• I wouldn't say people *HATE* Nintendo, but they have become very out of touch with their own IP's over the years and their games aren't that good anymore. But I mean...people need to realize that the Nintendo of the 90's and the Nintendo now is literally a different company / different staff, so, whatever. It's not like there aren't a million nintendo fangames out there anyway.

This is mostly accurate. I have a love/hate relationship with Nintendo. I love their games, but I hate the fact they are out of touch with many of their IPs. For instance, they have not made 2D metroid game since Metroid Zero Mission. No Metroid Prime sequel since the Wii version. They've forgotten the F-Zero franchise. Yes, there are a million fan games out there but I feel Nintendo is the only company that understands their games the best.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)