Why each sound is listed 3 times

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:24 pm

A work around I'm using is utilizing the "Play (by name)" action instead of using "Play". Of course using this method the sound filenames must be typed in exactly.

Unlike the "Play" action, the "Play (by name)" action preserves the event sheet. "Play" will remove event sheet entries if the sound is deleted in the projects list.

With the workaround I can delete a sound and its formats in the projects list and re-import the new one.

Still would be nice to have a simple replace.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:42 pm

[QUOTE=bon4ire] A work around I'm using is utilizing the "Play (by name)" action instead of using "Play". Of course using this method the sound filenames must be typed in exactly.

Unlike the "Play" action, the "Play (by name)" action preserves the event sheet. "Play" will remove event sheet entries if the sound is deleted in the projects list.

With the workaround I can delete a sound and its formats in the projects list and re-import the new one.

Still would be nice to have a simple replace.[/QUOTE]

@bon4ire - thanks for the tip. I hadn't noticed that the event sheet entries are preserved with the "Play (by name)" action if you delete sound files.Manley232013-08-22 18:44:02
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General