Why I'm famous on Twitter and Instagram but not on Facebook?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Helping streamers give their viewers more excitement.
  • I've got many peoples following me on Twitter and a few on IG. But just a bite-sized amount of people who interested with me on Facebook. Am I do something wrong with Facebook promotions? Because I've used some common hashtags to tag all my posts in Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

The hashtags I used:

• #sonarroundrotate (My own hashtag for tagging my current development of Round Rotate)
    • #indiedev
    • #indiegamedev
    • #gamedev

My progress so far:

• Facebook: only 6 likes and a super rare impression with my "call to action" button
    • Twitter: Each time I made a tweet with the hashtags, peoples could like and retweet my posts and some of them followed me
    • Instagram: Somewhat same as Twitter, but kinda...
  • Facebook is more family and friend orientated. While it's very handy to have FB for professional reasons, it's just easier to go Twitter and IG. I've personally keep my FB personal while I do my business on Twitter.

• GG-Works - Thanks, well... since most of the brands in my country are more used to Twitter and IG.

• Facebook is all about money. They want you to pay for ads promoting your page.

There's lots of articles online about how FB has been restricting posts from fanpages and how many people actually see them.

• Lancifer - Well, I don't have a budget.

Probably I can go to GG-Works ' way with more to Twitter and Instagram.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • We used to spend a few bugs for our startup on Facebook and the audience you reach is pretty huge.

For us it works way better than Google Adsense for example.

• To get your FB page noticed you need to join any and all related groups on FB and post an occasional update in those groups. FB recognizes how much you use FB and if your activity is low your FB page will not show up in searches or feeds.

• Your Fb post does not reach many, or when you share your product, unless it's too viral to go. Well most people do have active and flourishing accounts on Twitter and Instagram rather than Facebook. Not to worry i guess.

• You gotta throw some cash at Facebook in order to get noticed, I did it a while ago and it worked.

Actually their publicity system is the best I have ever seen. You basically choose how much you wanna spend on pub and for how many days, and then let Facebook do the work for you.

• First of all it's always better to post images on your tweets and fb posts. On fb you can always join gamedev groups with 15k+ members so your post gets the right audience...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GameDevShowAndTest/

• First of all it's always better to post images on your tweets and fb posts. On fb you can always join gamedev groups with 15k+ members so your post gets the right audience...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GameDevShowAndTest/

Agreed, images does wonders.

• Sorry for the delay, peoples. I'm currently using Unity since early this year. But I do interested with Construct 3, so I may give it a try later.

Anyway, thanks for your ideas.

lamar - I'm currently a member of many C2/C3, Unity and general indie game groups. I've shared my current Unity project progresses in there.

Also, there's some peoples that really interested with my Facebook page currently.

• Try creating a Facebook page of yours and share that link to all members in the group , In that way lot of people will like your page , and u could share your views , thoughts and topics easily

• One of the basic things someone can do to get likes and people coming to your page.

• You have to take into account your target audience. Maybe Facebook doesn't include it. I guess, it's better to work with two social media and succeed than work with three and don't have any result.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)