Why I'm famous on Twitter and Instagram but not on Facebook?

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Mon May 09, 2016 1:11 am

I've got many peoples following me on Twitter and a few on IG. But just a bite-sized amount of people who interested with me on Facebook. Am I do something wrong with Facebook promotions? Because I've used some common hashtags to tag all my posts in Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

The hashtags I used:
  • #sonarroundrotate (My own hashtag for tagging my current development of Round Rotate)
  • #indiedev
  • #indiegamedev
  • #gamedev

My progress so far:
  • Facebook: only 6 likes and a super rare impression with my "call to action" button :(
  • Twitter: Each time I made a tweet with the hashtags, peoples could like and retweet my posts and some of them followed me :)
  • Instagram: Somewhat same as Twitter, but kinda... :?
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

If you play Puyo Puyo games, you can meet me at the Puyo Puyo English Community Discord: https://discord.gg/0k41S8ARwvY2iTIQ
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 21, 2016 5:51 pm

Facebook is more family and friend orientated. While it's very handy to have FB for professional reasons, it's just easier to go Twitter and IG. I've personally keep my FB personal while I do my business on Twitter.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 22, 2016 12:15 am

@GG-Works - Thanks, well... since most of the brands in my country are more used to Twitter and IG.

If you play Puyo Puyo games, you can meet me at the Puyo Puyo English Community Discord: https://discord.gg/0k41S8ARwvY2iTIQ
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 22, 2016 3:22 am

Facebook is all about money. They want you to pay for ads promoting your page.
There's lots of articles online about how FB has been restricting posts from fanpages and how many people actually see them.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 22, 2016 8:25 am

@Lancifer - Well, I don't have a budget.

Probably I can go to @GG-Works ' way with more to Twitter and Instagram.

B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:55 pm

We used to spend a few bugs for our startup on Facebook and the audience you reach is pretty huge.
For us it works way better than Google Adsense for example.
Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:08 pm

To get your FB page noticed you need to join any and all related groups on FB and post an occasional update in those groups. FB recognizes how much you use FB and if your activity is low your FB page will not show up in searches or feeds.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:47 am

Your Fb post does not reach many, or when you share your product, unless it's too viral to go. Well most people do have active and flourishing accounts on Twitter and Instagram rather than Facebook. Not to worry i guess.
B
S

Post » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:53 pm

You gotta throw some cash at Facebook in order to get noticed, I did it a while ago and it worked.
Actually their publicity system is the best I have ever seen. You basically choose how much you wanna spend on pub and for how many days, and then let Facebook do the work for you.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:00 pm

First of all it's always better to post images on your tweets and fb posts. On fb you can always join gamedev groups with 15k+ members so your post gets the right audience...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GameDevShowAndTest/
B
S
G

Next

Return to Open Topic