Why is my 'crop' setting not keeping pixel-perfect?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:35 pm

Ashley wrote:...then you've basically reinvented letterbox integer scale mode.

But without any black borders on unexpected resolutions, no?

I'm trying to invent an 'integer scale outer' mode. Am I mistaken in my thinking here?
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:11 am

Did the image origin move?
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:26 am

MPPlantOfficial wrote:Did the image origin move?

I believe origins can't be between pixels (only at integer values) so wouldn't affect this
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:13 pm

Setting the scale to integer/browser.DevicePixelRatio did restore pixel-perfect under crop setting.

@Ashley despite the warning it still seems as the crop setting would be the easiest way to create a 'integer scale outer' so to speak. As now that I have it with pixel-perfect all I need to do is check the screen size and set to desired integer, which right now I'm only seeing that 1 and 2 will be needed
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:45 am

badmoodtaylor wrote:Setting the scale to integer/browser.DevicePixelRatio did restore pixel-perfect under crop setting.

@Ashley despite the warning it still seems as the crop setting would be the easiest way to create a 'integer scale outer' so to speak. As now that I have it with pixel-perfect all I need to do is check the screen size and set to desired integer, which right now I'm only seeing that 1 and 2 will be needed

Is this the only way of up scaling the game and maintaining the sub pixel smoothing? Cause using a small division of HD and using integer scaling wrecks sub pixel smoothness (obviously) when all I really need is square pixels by using a scale value in magicam.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?