Why not OpenGL?

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:11 pm

[quote="liamdawe":2w0dths1]You guys are just plainm being asses now, my post talking about linux and opengl is not unreasonable, do you guys really think your funny poking fun at us?[/quote:2w0dths1]
No... but you have to admit Deadeye's comment was full of win. We get what you are saying and it is a legitimate topic of discussion, but he was just making a joke... I think it would be really cool for Construct to eventually support DirectX, but all we are saying is it's a lot of work to cater for an additional minority audience. If OpenGL wasn't so horrible to work with then it wouldn't be a big deal I guess.
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:27 pm

I get what you are saying, but it is no reason for people to come back with comments like his poking fun at me and others who like the idea of it. It's that childish like attitude that brings down so many communities.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:41 pm

[quote="liamdawe":37nj2phi]I get what you are saying, but it is no reason for people to come back with comments like his poking fun at me and others who like the idea of it. It's that childish like attitude that brings down so many communities.[/quote:37nj2phi]

His comment was a joke, and not aimed at making fun of anyone. The fact someone has independently implemented SDL and Ashley wishes to continue it is a clear indicator of the interest in multi-platform gaming. Most of the people on this board agree that it'd be great to expand the platforms Construct can create for.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:48 pm

[quote="Rich":18s3b3nq][quote="liamdawe":18s3b3nq]I get what you are saying, but it is no reason for people to come back with comments like his poking fun at me and others who like the idea of it. It's that childish like attitude that brings down so many communities.[/quote:18s3b3nq]

His comment was a joke, and not aimed at making fun of anyone. The fact someone has independently implemented SDL and Ashley wishes to continue it is a clear indicator of the interest in multi-platform gaming. Most of the people on this board agree that it'd be great to expand the platforms Construct can create for.[/quote:18s3b3nq]

I guess i just need to chill out a bit really, it just annoys me a bit when someones jokes like that i guess i just have strong views on Linux.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:21 pm

Eventually this will be extremely useful... MacOSX is gaining quite a bit of market share these days, and this would allow our games to be ported easily to OSX, Linux, and whatever else is out there... I noticed that many mobile devices support some form of OpenGL so that would be something to look into...

Now, the OpenGL3 spec will be really interesting once it's completed... It would allow "DirectX 10" effects and features to be usable on Windows XP and the other OS's. There are people who got Geforce 8 series cards on WinXP and this will really be cool for them... (most are waiting for Windows 7...)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:30 pm

[quote="liamdawe":3uoj0eip]You guys are just plainm being asses now, my post talking about linux and opengl is not unreasonable, do you guys really think your funny poking fun at us?[/quote:3uoj0eip]

I'm not making fun of you at all. I'm just making a joke. No need to take things personally.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:32 pm

[quote="deadeye":1ndjyxqe][quote="liamdawe":1ndjyxqe]You guys are just plainm being asses now, my post talking about linux and opengl is not unreasonable, do you guys really think your funny poking fun at us?[/quote:1ndjyxqe]

I'm not making fun of you at all. I'm just making a joke. No need to take things personally.[/quote:1ndjyxqe]

Me and others talked about it on linux and mac os x using opengl and such and you went on to joke about it being on something stupid, to me it is pretty hard to see it not poking fun at us.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:43 pm

Even if I straight up said "Linux sucks" it still wouldn't have anything to do with you. If I was making fun of you, you'd know it.

Do I think portability is good? Yes.

Do I think that Construct for Linux would be good? Yes.

Should I stop myself from making a joke and having fun on the forum? HELL NO. So just chill.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:44 pm

I am chilled and i appreciate you saying it wasn't poking fun at us, but still it was pretty annoying to see a joke like it.

I am not saying don't have fun, just be a little more careful with jokes :P
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:50 pm

I read deadeye's post as being a harmless joke, albeit poorly worded, because I can see how that can be interpreted as trivialising his point. Still, hopefully we're now clear there was no malicious intent.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion