Why not scirra's own CocoonJS software?

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • I dont know if this topic is opened before sorry if it is.

But i ask to Scirra's developer team why dont they develop a own CocoonJS(HTML5 to Native mobile apps) software for Construct2 or maybe Construct2.5 : ) I think 90% of people who bought Construct2 did it for Android and IOS developement like me. And CocoonJS or other software in this section cant take our big games and lags too much. But i think if Construct2 releases its own system it would be better, because who can understand Construct2 better then its own developers. I understand you guys are 3 man company and is huge work. But i am now gonna give reasons to Construct2 developers why they need to make a own HTML5 to native software for Construct2.

1. They will give a huge reason to people buy Construct2 license and not from the competitors( other company's with HTML5 develop software ).

2. People with free license will buy license because of this huge option.

3. We will make better IOS/Android apps and maybe take the 1. place on the markets. Whats gonna give a huge name to Construct2.

4. If they take charge and sell it like a Gold Plugin to make Scirra grow bigger for later developements its okey by me i will buy. (Dont know other users.)

5. The steps between Construct2 and CocoonJS takes time and its a bit boring. With this plugin you can spare us users time. :)

Please users of Construct2 give more reasons for Scirra company Construct2 developers under this topic why they should make a own HTML5 to native software.

I dont say release it tomorrow Scirra. Take the time but make it real in the future please.(Like this year not too much in the future :D) We need it as users of this software.

Thanks for reading,

Ethem Acar.

• otima idea is all that is missing to make everything more dynamic and error-free gaming compiled after!

I support!

• Mirdov

Thanks for the support. I hope everyone who likes the idea shows it with post to get attention from Scirra.

• It's been brought up a million times. Basically Scirra is a small team and can't afford the time to make native exporters. Additionally, each plugin would have to be re-written multiple times for each exporter. I don't see CocoonJS or AppMobi or Phonegap or any wrapper of the sort being the solution either especially now that they're just playing the blame game, but I'm 99% sure we're sticking with 'em anyway.

I think the plugin thing is the main reason Scirra won't consider it. Personally I don't like the idea of 3rd party plugins (and only use 2, 1 of which I can remake with just events) so nixing them in favor of native exporters is fine by me.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The 3th party plugin option could be removed and not be accepted in Android and IOS developement projects. The reason must not be the 3th party plugins for Scirra to not make a HTML5 to Native exporter(builder). I know they are small business like 3 developers but if we give good reasons to Scirra why they should add Native exporter to Android and IOS projects they will consider it.

• I think that Ashley and team are working with it, but it is something that requires a complex and time that would have other tools to construct2 back. I think this year we'll still something we can not forget that Construct2 is a new tool, compared to other market.

• As said, this was discussed many times before already and it seems the task is too big for a team with limited time and resources that is focusing on adding other features.

Anyway, I do agree that a "native" (I mean, Scirra's) wrapper for iOS and Android supporting IAP, multiple ads and Game Center would be fantastic (me too bought C2 for making mobile games).

A possible suggestion would be to follow the footsteps of the guys who develop Spine: they just ended a very successful campaign on kickstarter to fund the development of new features for their 2D animation software.

If Scirra would go this way (kickstarter or Indiegogo or whatever) to get money to fund the development of their own wrapper (and maybe a few other features that the community thinks are important but troublesome to make without further support), I'd definitely be happy to contribute.

Cheers!

Roberto

• Ludei have 17 people: http://ludei.com/about/team

We have 3: https://www.scirra.com/people

As far as I know, both companies are 100% busy all the time. It's simply impossible that 3 of us could take on the extra work done by a larger team, either for a native exporter or another HTML5 wrapper like CocoonJS.

We plan to improve CocoonJS support over the next couple of releases, so hopefully things will get even better. We know there's a few issues like missing documentation on using IAP and such, but hopefully we can get it all sorted soon and then CocoonJS will be an easy and robust way to publish mobile games.

• Ashley

Good altarnative if Ludei and Scirra worked together for better performance.

• Meanwhile - be patient, optimise your game as much as possible and test, test, test! Things will get better with CocoonJS, HTML5 and C2 eventually.

I'm sure you've already read this? https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/298/performance-tips-for-mobile-games

• We plan to improve CocoonJS support over the next couple of releases, so hopefully things will get even better. We know there's a few issues like missing documentation on using IAP and such, but hopefully we can get it all sorted soon and then CocoonJS will be an easy and robust way to publish mobile games.

Ashley any update on this? Think we are a few releases past February :-)

Seems like there are several post asking about the IAP. I for one am a bit lost. It is almost the last thing i am missing to get my app out there.

A working example would be a gift form above... or Scirra :-) I think it would also benefit construct 2 alot as a platform. IAP is really a must for mobile apps these days.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)