Why pathfinder isn't working?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
A short demo of template sold on store, with formations on end of way for no overlaps.
  • So, I tried to make him follow player by myself and then watched many videos. The problem is I made everything just like in tutorials and still can't make him follow the player. What's the problem?

• The object is continually looking for a new path ..... not getting a chance to actually find it.

Remove the every 0.5 and the repeat amount of times .... and make that a trigger once.

Then add

"on pathfinding arrived"

find path to player.X, player.Y

• The object is continually looking for a new path ..... not getting a chance to actually find it.

Remove the every 0.5 and the repeat amount of times .... and make that a trigger once.

Then add

"on pathfinding arrived"

find path to player.X, player.Y

Nope, still stands

• Most likely because it cant find a path, try to add a "Fail to find path" and see if that triggers.

• Did you perchance disabled the pathfinding in the properties ?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Nope, it's enabled

• Only a couple things that really can get in the way of it not finding a path.

Too many solid objects, not making room for a path

Too big cell size, so the cells can not determine a path ...

Here's my .capx, can you take a closer look? My game today went crazy, I didn't do anything. Gameover starts playing in the start of layout, I can't understand why. Yesterday everyting worked fine. And yeah, maybe you'll help me how to make tank shoot single shots? Because it's shoots as many times as you press.

https:// drive.google.com /file/d/0B3Iu4HpEXzMaYTNfeGs2X2RpSGM/view?usp=sharing

• Most likely because it cant find a path, try to add a "Fail to find path" and see if that triggers.

Yeah, it is! How to fix it?

• Your captain have the solid behavior, so it get stucked on it self, you have to remove that behaviour then it works. Also i would highly recommend that you organize your events, its pretty messy and will cause you problems later on with 100% certainty

• Your captain have the solid behavior, so it get stucked on it self, you have to remove that behaviour then it works. Also i would highly recommend that you organize your events, its pretty messy and will cause you problems later on with 100% certainty

Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)