Why so expensive?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:54 pm

I wonder what this tool will do when he sees the $1,000,000 pricetag on the Unreal engine : D

And to all the people wondering why he's acting incoherently and picky about a few hundred $ - He's 15, according to one of his posts :PXionor2013-09-01 23:56:11
B
S

Post » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:02 am

Well there's no point in calling names, just like there's no point in complaining to people who have already paid for the program.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:03 am

At $100 thye price is very fair, especially as you can get the free version first to see if it is for you. The business edition is also very reasonable in price. Our upgrades for Rad Studio are many more times that and they don't provide reasonable updates, instead they make a new version that you have to pay for. in other words I cannot fault scirra with their price policy. Two thumbs up.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:12 am

C2 is cheap, I had a browse to see what was out there & picked C2 shortly after I was pleasantly surprised by the pricing. You wouldn't catch anyone complaining who's serious about game dev(spending 100's or more likely 1000's of hours per game)

Personally I wouldn't of hesitated if it was 3X the price
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:19 am

The point isn't that it's expensive (I realize that it isn't expensive relative to most other tools). But what I'm asking is, why is it more expensive than say GM: S.

Personally I really like the way GM: S does it's pricing, you only pay for what you want to develop for. I only want to develop for HTML5 (for reasons mentioned before, it's quite possible that I spend $100 annually for an Apple developer license but make much less than $100).

And I don't have a ton of money seeing as I make less than minimum wage right now (in my state if a business makes less than a certain amount of money they don't have to pay their employees minimum wage, and my employment options are quite limited as you might imagine). Plus if I were to say develop for a bunch of different platforms I would have to buy a device for each platform which in short, is a ton of money I don't have.

Enough explaining myself, maybe I will buy the Personal edition. But first I'd like to clarify one thing, do you have to buy the Business Edition after you have made $5000 from one single app, or in total from all of your games combined?

EDIT: One last thing, instead of being ridiculed for bringing up valid points, please explain your point of view instead of ridiculing mine. The burden of proof is on me, but that doesn't mean that you have to be ridiculous about it.Nijek2013-09-02 00:22:08
B
S

Post » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:37 am

I believe its total If my upcoming releases earned me 5k id be more than happy to buy the business edition.

You've come to a forum where the majority of user chose C2 a lot of them were probably aware of game maker. The first piece of software I installed was gamemaker.

If i was to change it'd only be to unity and i wouldnt do that unless my c# skills were bauws.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:20 am

Well, Nijek your point isn't that valid.
You plan on using "only" the HTML5 export options.

Nevertheless, with the complete version of C2 you get the mobile export options and more out of the box.
If you really want to compare to GM, you need to pick GM with the same set of features. So you're not looking at 200$ but actually at least 1098 $.
Still thinking it's more expensive ?

When you pay for a packaged meal, you don't ask for a discount because you don't plan on eating the potatoes in the meal, do you ?

Also once again, the personal license gets you going until you've made 5000$ out of all the products you've made with Construct2.
If you really can't afford more, go with this license the time to make those 5000$ and as pointed out, once you've reached the 5000$, the business license is only a fraction on it "already" paid by what you've made.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:58 am

@Nijek

There is one alternative and open source tool and it is free.
Still under development. Can export to HTML5 and native (Linux,Mac,Win).

Just in case you or anyone interested.

http://www.compilgames.net/

Kinda like clone to Construct 2.

B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:19 am

like @Kyatric said, you dont ask for discount when you are buying a packaged meal.

and its unfair to compare C2 with GM, there are things C2 can do that GM cant, both ways. but if you like C2 & html5 is all you need, i think the price is very reasonable!

there are some similar tools out there, but i dont think its appropriate to name C2 competitors here, if you want something cheaper, you just have to google harder and find it. theres one on mac thats free to publish on web, but is it as good as C2? your call
Doo Doo Diving App Store | Google Play

Donut Pirate App Store | Google Play
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:23 am

[QUOTE=tumira]http://www.compilgames.net
Kinda like clone to Construct 2.[/QUOTE]

+1

that's the best summary for meowing about 119$ C2 priceszymek2013-09-02 08:23:37
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General