Why the walking animation always go up a little bit

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:07 am

Hi,

I am making the walking animation, but when I go to the right, it always go up a little bit, when it become idol, it will go down. Who knows what's happening, please help, thanks

project is in the address:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9rarjxbk3nfscf4/3.capx?dl=0

Thanks
B
S

Post » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:14 am

This topic probably needs moving to the How do I section ( @kyatric )

As for on topic, check your origin points in the image editor.
If you have an animation, the origin point likely slightly differs in one of the frames.

Change the origin point you suspect is a little off, and then use the right click -> preview in the animations list in the image editor for quick checking.
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:08 pm

It seems actually to be a difference in the collision polygon between the "Default" animation and "Walk" animation.
In the Default animation, the collision polygon is right under the feet of the character, whereas in the Walk animation, the polygon is set to bounding box which has some more space between the bottom and the feet.

This is mentioned in the basic tutorial about making a platform game.
You likely should have an invisible object to handle the collision/platform behavior and have the animation object pinned to it.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:19 pm

thanks, still not very sure of above method, sorry for me is a beginner, still learning, thanks, but I find a way that works fine, on the animation dialog, I put "Walk" animation in front of "Default", than in the event, set the animation "Default" on start of layout.
B
S

Return to How do I....?