Why we decided to use Gravatar

If you have found a bug, or have a suggestion/comment then leave it here

Post » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:33 pm

Good
B
S

Post » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:38 am

To use an avatar on my Scirra account I need a Gravatar account.
To use Gravatar I need to have a Wordpress account.
3 registrations for 1 tiny picture   ..seriously?
B

Post » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:14 pm

@caniluna: I don't know what makes you believe you need a wordpress account.

To use Gravatar, you need a Gravatar account, that's it.

Read the first post of this thread, it explains how to register and use Gravatar.Kyatric2013-04-09 15:15:12
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:36 pm

Well, it's true that now, you need a wordpress.com account to use gravatar. I wanted to change my gravatar recently and it forced me to use a wordpress.com account to log in.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:23 pm

From the Gravatar blog.

"Did you know that your Gravatar.com account has always been a WordPress.com account? Its true.

Back in 2007 we (Automattic) acquired Gravatar. Heading into 2008 we rewrote it in PHP, and ever since then, its been using the same integrated user system as WordPress.com for accounts. Previously we handled that behind the scenes, but we found that it made things pretty confusing for everyone. Weve now switched over to using WordPress.com Connect exclusively, which allows you to explicitly connect Gravatar and WordPress.com, and to use your WordPress.com credentials to log into Gravatar. Thats one less set of login credentials to worry about!"

Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:56 pm

Clear your browser cache, you must.
B

Post » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:42 pm

Hmm, I tried to clear my cache and I have checked that my Scirra profile mail and my Gravatar profile mail match, but I don`t have my Gravatar yet?

It`s like two days since I registred my Gravatar-profile.
System:
ASUS rog G550JK - 12GB ram - Nvidia GeFroce 850 2GB
Constuct 2 personal
B

Post » Thu May 23, 2013 8:58 am

Even after clearing my cache constantly after months my gravatar on this website won't change.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 23, 2013 8:03 pm

@Carbon64: Works for me.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:55 am

Hi, I'm new here,
I'm a bit disappointed to have to sign up more than just once as you mentioned.
Once I've signed up to Gravatar, they then throw a "Sign up for WordPress" to receive your avatar.

I'm not interested in using WordPress, I don't use it, I never want to use it, all I want to do is put up my REAL picture and get on with why I signed up here.

If the purpose is to attach your links to my personal identity through Gravatar for marketing purposes then I would like to know why you failed to mention this part of the process.

Please explain

Edit1: If caniluna is wrong then why is it happening to everyone else without a WordPress account? You MUST have an account with WordPress before you can be accepted.

Not everyone wants a WordPress account nor should we be coaxed or enticed against our rights to getting one.

Edit2: This is going to halt my progress to continue filling out my profile on this site by having a ridiculous default profile picture to represent my professional work.

I'm not signing up for WordPress nor should I be forced to.Kyatric2013-07-11 22:13:27
B

PreviousNext

Return to Website Issues and Feedback