Why were some things taken out of newer updates?

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:55 pm

[quote="David":1qev186l]Platform jumping is floaty? Despite there being new properties for platform I added code to read it differently so old projects would still run the same...I guess that code didn't work :([/quote:1qev186l]

Now that I think about it, it this might be due to a fix for the max fall speed setting a few builds back. Maybe 0.99.4 or .42? Could be, anyway.

All I know is that I was making Vert in 0.98.9, and when I load it into the latest build the jumping and falling is different. Not a big deal, I just need to fiddle with the settings to get it back to normal.

The fact that it runs more stably with no aggravating gravity/platform bugs, and now renders the rotated layers properly is WAY more important than the fact that the jump settings are off.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:46 am

I... wasn't complaining about the jumping being more floaty... Just... making an observation. ^^; The jumping fell a little slower, that's all. I thought it was supposed to be that way. More refined, or whatever.

And like I said, I figured the "get text width" thing was a bug. ^_^ I understand. No worries. I had assumed that from the beginning. Well... I assumed it shortly after looking at a few things in the newer builds anyway...

I had no idea we were anything like what you'd call beta testers... ^^; Well, it's an open beta, not like the LittleBigPlanet beta, or the Metal Gear Online beta, so it's not like I can really brag about being a beta tester.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct Classic Discussion