WiiU Discussion (Previously "'Wii 2 / Project Cafe' rumors")

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:06 pm

Thank you lucid for this beautifull speach. Valve is a user-centric company, thought as every company they think about money :D

360 and ps3 problem is the shared content. That's true that to make games play and look axacly the same on both is not letting the hardware to reach it's full potential. But sony made develpment of their games more expensive therfore 360 is firts to develop at if the game is going multi platform. Thought it seams that 360 is a bit more powerfull graphic wise ( i dunno understand y sony did not included hardware support for aa). Nintendo from the other hand knows what to do and them avoiding this generation was a good move. I think they predicted that games will be multiplatform, therefor they decided that 3 platformes with the same power will be to much for the market, and they went competetvie in completely diferent way.

Anyway, I think I've read it on gamespot's website that speculations are that wii2 is going to have 512MB ram. For a console that's enough i think. To my knowladge Ps3 has 256MB of ram.

See what happens i guess, but if nintendo would bring gack the hardcore audiance than that would be great, becasue whatever you can say about 3dr party titles, their inhous productions are most of the time fantastic.
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:29 pm

"Don't believe the hype!"
(I'm tempted to start rapping!)

Seriously though, I would have thought that news like that would have been taken with a pinch of salt by the people on these forums.

Nintendo have the market share because of their mostly casual and bland games (with the exception of Zelda and Mario IMO) and their appeal to family gamers with the novelty of the wii remote.

Now both Microsoft and Sony have gone down that road with their games, peripherals and marketing, and it's working.
Sony have shifted 8 million of those hysterical looking Move controllers, and although that's plenty, they're still 2 million units behind the Kinect which has shifted 10 million (even though the Move has been out 2 months longer than Kinect)

This all adds up to them all doing very nicely thanks to the casual, family gamer, and I don't see any of them being prepared to give up such a large slice of the pie to the others.
Regardless of what the Wii 2 turns out to be, if it ever happens at all, the most you'll get is a couple of hardcore-type games to test the water, buried under a pile of average/nice/let's not offend anyone type games.

Anyone remember the shock/horror of Resident Evil coming to the Wii (or was it the GameCube), and how it was going to be a new direction for Nintendo?

LOL

Krush.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:32 pm

[quote="megatronx":2i9li0ig]
Anyway, I think I've read it on gamespot's website that speculations are that wii2 is going to have 512MB ram. For a console that's enough i think. To my knowladge Ps3 has 256MB of ram. [/quote:2i9li0ig]

PS3 has two 256MB chips. Reason I want a minimum or 1GB, is I am very tired of "jaggies" and low resolution textures. Ram is relatively cheap and a console releasing in 2012 can at least have 1GB.

If they really, truly want to recapture the hardcore market, they need better hardware. If they want to keep focusing on the casual market, then they don't even need a Wii 2.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:47 pm

[quote="aldo":2t33uegz]I hope they call it the Super Wii[/quote:2t33uegz]

lol 8) !
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:48 pm

[quote="KrushBrother":2yidi45s]"Don't believe the hype!"
(I'm tempted to start rapping!)

Seriously though, I would have thought that news like that would have been taken with a pinch of salt by the people on these forums.[/quote:2yidi45s]
I want to believe. 8)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:01 pm

thats weird, even though wii's game were fun and innovative (the remote)
ps3 and xbox 360 had HD graphics since years. and nintendo is just now doing this?
its only months until ps4 or xbox460 comes out with superHD (you know)
either way i hate consoles but if i had to buy a console i would get a wii (raving rabiids^^)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:27 pm

[quote="karshinkoff":pxki7e5h]thats weird, even though wii's game were fun and innovative (the remote)
ps3 and xbox 360 had HD graphics since years. and nintendo is just now doing this?
either way i hate consoles but if i had to buy a console i would get a wii (raving rabiids^^)[/quote:pxki7e5h]

raving rabbids gets boring after a midday. Get a wii for a month and find out.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:30 pm

[quote="karshinkoff":22bc4up3]thats weird, even though wii's game were fun and innovative (the remote)
either way i hate consoles but if i had to buy a console i would get a wii (raving rabiids^^)[/quote:22bc4up3]

360 and ps3 they r going to have at least 8 years span, therfor 2014 for the new consoles would be more accurate.

Whatever next N console will be , N will come up with something different - they want just come out with bummped specs and say 'there u go - our new hit console'.
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:19 pm

[quote="KrushBrother":m1hto14z]Nintendo have the market share because of their mostly casual and bland... with the novelty of the wii remote.

Now both Microsoft and Sony have gone down that road with their games, peripherals and marketing, and it's working.[/quote:m1hto14z]

And turnabout is fair play... Sony and MS copied the Wii (sort of) in order to get casual gamers, and now Nintendo will get back at them with beefier hardware and (hopefully!) a controller that doesn't suck and can actually be used to play more hardcore games.

Fingers crossed, anyway :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:29 pm

I'd love a system with immensely fun and interesting games that don't depend on Modern Warfare 3-type budgets can thrive.

A new console with slightly better than XBox360 level graphics, a cheap price (for consumers, developers, and manufacturers), a moderate-to-stringent level of acceptable game quality, a liberal level of content variety, and a manufactured community where "fun-factor" is placed over "wow-factor."

I want a Nintendo PSX360+ running Steam with better indie support.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic