WiiU Discussion (Previously "'Wii 2 / Project Cafe' rumors")

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:22 pm

dravenx can never resist the urge to troll. Steam is the best game service period. Kills xboxlive,psn,and wiimarket, and definitely beats buying at the store. Cloud saves, perfect chat ability, awesome discounts, instant updates, fun achievements, singlehandedly turned mac into a viable game platform, cross platform play, buy the game once, own on every platform, let's you download games forever even on multiple machines, even if you originally bought it at store, ultimate hope for indie developers.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:43 pm

[quote:26tfoj98]dravenx can never resist the urge to troll.[/quote:26tfoj98]
Hey what can i say , Im a trollodyte :lol: Game service yes absolutely steam is the best.But forcing me to join just to play a game not so good.The real reason why i don't like steam is because internet in sa can be quite slow and downloads take forever.Psn xbox live wiimarket are not even in the same league when it comes to steam.

The reason why i said pc games aren't that great is because someone suggested that ps3 gfx etc are out of date and it lags blah blah so i answered by showing that it's way easier to play games on consoles than they are on pc.Pop in the disc and play.With "steam" pop in join up wait forever for the download to begin and sometimes the game won't work because the download has been corrupted.Lucid come to south africa and try our wonderful internet services , I bet you will sing another tune if you see how frustrating it is to try and download a game or patch etc from steam.

As for the Wii 2 ,Nintendo always finds a way to stay on top no matter what console they produce.The games they create are fun and seriously addictive.Last time i heard they said that the wii 2 will be as powerful as the ps3 and xbox360.That remains to be seen.I love all 3 systems and i cannot wait to see what the wii 2 can do.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:53 am

B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:37 pm

Sounds pretty nifty on the capabilities side.

On the physical side, the controller is horrible long and while the styling is quintessentially Nintendo, it represents a pretty ugly side of Nintendo. If that was a true Nintendo mock-up, hopefully their industrial and ergonomic designers get a hold of that before it's pushed out.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:34 pm

[quote="Muurtegel":kx1624uo]http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109445-Rumor-Concept-Designs-for-Nintendos-Project-Cafe-Surface[/quote:kx1624uo]

I believe that was confirmed to be fake elsewhere.

Could end up looking similar though.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:54 am

i think these rumors are fake at this point.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:30 am

So do I, but I posted it anyways. There would be no point in making posters / boxes for a product that's called 'Project Cafe'. There's no way in hell that Nintendo will use that name for their new console.

It could be a working title, but it wouldn't make sense to make boxes / posters for that as well..
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:46 pm

http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2011/04/2 ... fe-details

but in other recent interview he said that they finished working on consoles for now and now they will focus on delivering more games.

http://www.destructoid.com/miyamoto-tal ... 9398.phtml

he mentioned as well that he would like to remake a link to the past. Well - I say Do IT MIYAMOTO! XD

And from the other hand i fancy this

http://youtu.be/_fssspUTr2g

EEDDDIITTT@@@ OMG LOOK AT THIS. LOOKS EXACLY THE SAME AS ON THE OTHER IMGs

http://www.destructoid.com/here-s-the-l ... 9406.phtml

My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:08 pm

Well, I would imagine those look the same because they were done by the same person :lol:

Anyways, only thing for certain right now is that they will announce a new system. Even Miyamoto admitted they would.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:01 pm

Because they're calling it "Project Cafe" doesn't mean it's fake, because Nintendo always gives codenames to their projects while they are still in formation. For example, the Gamecube was called "Project Dolphin" for some time until the project was complete. I'm sure the Wii was called "Project (insert a name)" before it was complete.

We'll just have to wait and see, but I just wanted to lend some historical perspective to the matter.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic