WiiU Discussion (Previously "'Wii 2 / Project Cafe' rumors")

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:17 pm

Knowing Nintendo the name would probably be something like wii 2 HD
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:39 pm

[quote="DravenX":3lrm20t1]Knowing Nintendo the name would probably be something like wii 2 HD[/quote:3lrm20t1]

Instead of Wii 2, why not just "Wii Wii"?

Now THAT would be hardcore.

:lol:
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:10 am

[quote="MrMiller":1n8lamua][quote="DravenX":1n8lamua]Knowing Nintendo the name would probably be something like wii 2 HD[/quote:1n8lamua]

Instead of Wii 2, why not just "Wii Wii"?

Now THAT would be hardcore.

:lol:[/quote:1n8lamua]

LOL XD
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:16 pm

Okay so I just saw Nintendo's E3 presentation of the WiiU. The controller actually looks pretty cool. Though it's just about as big as a console all by itself :P

Still the screen on the controller actually seems like a good idea. The obvious use would be to take your HUD or inventory stuff off of the main screen and put it on the controller screen, which would be good enough if that's all it did in my opinion. But the touch interface and the virtual viewport stuff it can do is pretty neat as well. I can imagine, say, a racing game where the TV shows the main action and the controller screen acts like a rear view mirror.

Anyway the console itself being HD and the controller having actual thumb pads and buttons is really all that matters from a gameplay standpoint for me... finally a return of hardcore gaming on Nintendo :D

At least, in theory...
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:22 pm

Also the name WiiU is dumb, but I am not surprised in the least about that.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:07 pm

If I'm not mistaken, the Dreamcast was the first videogame console to have a screen unit controller. It--and the Dreamcast in general--was ahead of its time and what made it even more incredible was that the screen unit (the VMU) was compact and could be taken out of the controller to play games on the go. I used to enjoy raising my Chao's in Sonic Adventure when I was on the go.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:48 pm

If Nintendo is actualy making a return to the hardcore scene, I might but this, but they probably won't so, meh...
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:55 pm

[quote="MrMiller":2oooj88b]If I'm not mistaken, the Dreamcast was the first videogame console to have a screen unit controller. It--and the Dreamcast in general--was ahead of its time and what made it even more incredible was that the screen unit (the VMU) was compact and could be taken out of the controller to play games on the go. I used to enjoy raising my Chao's in Sonic Adventure when I was on the go.[/quote:2oooj88b]

Yup, it was a shame that Dreamcast came out when the tech wasn't there to support its ideas. Something like that updated to new tech would be...well...WiiU :P I'm sad to hear that the controller may need a new version of the Wii console to work, the E3 thing made it look like you only needed your previous Wii and the controller :(
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:03 pm

[quote="MrMiller":1kbi1k4g]If I'm not mistaken, the Dreamcast was the first videogame console to have a screen unit controller. It--and the Dreamcast in general--was ahead of its time and what made it even more incredible was that the screen unit (the VMU) was compact and could be taken out of the controller to play games on the go. I used to enjoy raising my Chao's in Sonic Adventure when I was on the go.[/quote:1kbi1k4g]

That's true, I totally forgot about that. Even so the WiiU's controller screen is basically an iPad with HD resolution :P. Though it's apparently not portable. They made it clear that the controller itself doesn't store games or other info, and is basically just receiving a video signal from the console itself.

[quote="Granhunter101":1kbi1k4g]If Nintendo is actualy making a return to the hardcore scene, I might but this, but they probably won't so, meh...[/quote:1kbi1k4g]

Darksiders 2, Batman Arkham City, Aliens Colonial Marines, Ghost Recon Online, Metro Last Light, Tekken, Ninja Gaiden 3, and Battlefield 3 were all announced as titles in progress, so that's promising.

[quote="Jayjay":1kbi1k4g]I'm sad to hear that the controller may need a new version of the Wii console to work, the E3 thing made it look like you only needed your previous Wii and the controller :([/quote:1kbi1k4g]

Yeah they didn't go into much detail about that in the presentation, but the G4 interview with Reggie afterward stated specifically that the WiiU is a completely new console, though it is backwards compatible with all Wii titles and peripherals. I suspect a lot of hawk shops and second-hand game stores will have an overstock of Wii's around the time of WiiU's launch :P
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:11 pm

Ok had to make a joke about the name Wiiu.What did the japanese guy say when his friend accidentally wii'ed on him in a public restroom? ,WiiU on me!!! you suuuuck!!! :lol:
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic