Will C2 ever be able to export to ARM devices?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue May 09, 2017 10:01 am

If you want to run something on a device with an ARM chip, you can simply use the browser. Also pretty much every iOS and Android device uses an ARM chip, so we already have broad support for ARM devices.

However I suspect you're not really asking about that, it sounds like you just want to run on a Raspberry Pi-like device. You can still do that with the browser, but the problem is the early state of development of the OpenGL driver on the Raspberry Pi. Using a framework like NW.js, even if it can be ported to Raspberry Pi, won't magically fix that. It will be the same driver with the same problems.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 09, 2017 10:15 pm

There are benefits to running NW.js vs a browser in linux. And yes, it's for embedded stuff, running locally, having lots of fun with WebGL experiments.
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 27, 2017 1:40 am

My goal was to try and have an exported C2 game saved to a USB stick, which could be plugged into the Pi, and then write a script which reads newly connected USB devices for the game's executable and then automatically runs it. Sort of a USB Game Cartridge kinda concept... I was hoping it could be part of a Kickstarter High Pledge reward (custom pi "console" complete with game "cart")

I've a friend with a 3D printer and thought it might be fun to do a limited run of these with custom casings and such lol
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 27, 2017 2:04 am

I think you might be better off just turning the Pi into a webserver, or even running Chrome os.
Pretty sure there builds for that.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General