Will construct 3 have an official builtin plugin manager?

Post » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:32 pm

We all know of the incredible community made plugins here- a lot of which free.
@rexrainbow has created and supported many very useful addons. He had to write his own plugin manager and repository - because scirra does not have one.
We also have the scirra store, but that is in no way integrated with the actual editor.

-Will Construct 3 have an official built in plugin manager, one that gets plugins from a repository and imports them to the game project in one click?
- Will scirra have a process through which users can upload and update free and non free plugins to scirra repository (will scirra have quality control)?
- Will all the current construct 2 plugins be compatible with construct3?
- Will construct2 users have access to plugins written for contruct 3?

A question to @tom and @ashley
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:13 am

Yes, this I hope so. That the plugin method gets better in all ways..
I am also hoping for some of the old but well beloved plugins to get "official" so to say, baked in and documented properly. Of course this has to be done deals with the plugin authors
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:48 am

blurymind wrote:We all know of the incredible community made plugins here- a lot of which free.
@rexrainbow has created and supported many very useful addons. He had to write his own plugin manager and repository - because scirra does not have one.
We also have the scirra store, but that is in no way integrated with the actual editor.

-Will Construct 3 have an official built in plugin manager, one that gets plugins from a repository and imports them to the game project in one click?

+1! These would be really really useful features. :D
B
S

Post » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:42 pm

blurymind wrote:-Will Construct 3 have an official built in plugin manager, one that gets plugins from a repository and imports them to the game project in one click

I really hope so. Since the editor will run in the browser, and will have cloud services, it would be logical to include this functionality as well.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:50 pm

Since the editor is online i'm guessing that when you make a thrid party plugin then you'll upload it to their server and everyone will get access to it.

I imagine it will be split into 4 categories. C2 plugins which will work in C3 but use the old sdk, free C3 plugins, paid unlockable C3 plugins from the store and private C3 plugins with restricted access to you.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:11 pm

I hope that finally we'd get some useful plugins, like menu, inventory, and such similar plugins, that take on mundane.
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:17 pm

A sprite based, full customisable, menu with buttons and sliders would be really great, especially if its window worked like a mask so objects can be positioned in them without overlap onto it's layer.

I have a feeling though there wont be any new plugins, just a new sdk and the community will be expected to make their own.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:27 pm

I think it will, based on the new plugin dialog window shown in the latest blog. At least I really hope it will.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:40 pm

Ethan wrote:I have a feeling though there wont be any new plugins, just a new sdk and the community will be expected to make their own.

I'm just speculating, but I think we can expect some new plugins. No screenshot showed the available object list yet, so I think that's a sign.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:02 pm

Scirra already have a store, but we need to see free items on store (Plugins, Behaviors, Effects).
https://www.scirra.com/store/construct2-plugins

It will be good, official built in plugin manager.
You can make this easily for Construct 2 or 3

@tom
@ashley
B
S

Next

Return to General Discussion