will construct3 be as strong as unity??

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:05 pm

I still don't understand why construct classic projets display smoother then c2. I think that should be something taken care of in c3.
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:17 pm

@megatronx I'm insanely glad I'm not the only one to notice that :D
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (but not play them)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit Dropbox is a pile of trash and if you need my old files PM me! :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:41 pm

DrewMelton wrote:
mahdi71 wrote:you should try uscript for unity :D

Hmm, I'm tempted to have a look at that.

Me too!
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:25 pm

uScript is a nice VPL component linking software of apis. however you will end up needing code yourself for features that don't exist. I would suggest PlayMaker which is meant to be more a programming replacement.

So UScript is about linking api's
Playmaker is similar to EventSheet programming( in a an abstract purpose sense)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:48 pm

jayderyu wrote:uScript is a nice VPL component linking software of apis. however you will end up needing code yourself for features that don't exist. I would suggest PlayMaker which is meant to be more a programming replacement.

playmaker is good but uscript is more like c2 event sheet and more powerfull and no need for coding at all !
it even use reflection to get all unity things ! (functions,properties,...)
and you can make new features with graphs and use all of that as one graph !
c2 have little programing like expressions but uscript is just graphs ;)
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:38 pm

mahdi71 wrote:
jayderyu wrote:uScript is a nice VPL component linking software of apis. however you will end up needing code yourself for features that don't exist. I would suggest PlayMaker which is meant to be more a programming replacement.

playmaker is good but uscript is more like c2 event sheet and more powerfull and no need for coding at all !
it even use reflection to get all unity things ! (functions,properties,...)
and you can make new features with graphs and use all of that as one graph !
c2 have little programing like expressions but uscript is just graphs ;)

Well I haven't used uScript for about 2 years. last I used it. uScript relied Reflection of existing code, and couldn't do much with out . So if you needed specific movement, you still needed to code that motion.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:31 pm

When you see the price tag on Unity you know why it has more features, bells and whistles.

And while Construct 3 will not have the same features as Unity, Unity will be much harder to learn.

As a programmer which creates mostly administrational software, I was (and still am) very surprised about Construct 2 ways of doing things. I just tried out the trial version to see if it would run on this old laptop. When I found out it does, I just bought a personal C2 license and start developing educational games to help our 6 year old daughter with her homework and school.

Construct2 is a very good game engine for 2D for which it is intended. Scirra is a small company and as such, they already created a very good game engine. They already expanded their team, so in the coming years we will receive improvements and features we now only can dream of.

A very satisfied and happy Scirra game creator.
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:50 pm

Jayjay wrote:@megatronx I'm insanely glad I'm not the only one to notice that :D

Cool. I noticed that from the start too, and I hope more people see that.
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:52 pm

@megatronx , @Jayjay , perhaps because they use different technologies? Cc uses directX9 and C2 HTML5.
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:03 pm

Isn't that down to the performance of out of control 3rd party wrappers (well, Chrome...)?
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General